Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Egyptian clubs’ continental programme
Egyptian opponents for the first round of the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederations Cup are now known after the completion of the preliminaries this past weekend.
CAF Champions League
Enyimba vs Smouha
APR vs Al Ahly
Smouha will fancy their chances despite taking on Nigerian powerhouse Enyimba who easily dispatched Benin side Buffles du Borgou 4-0. On the contrary, Smouha needed penalties to beat Al-Ahli Tripoli in their maiden continental excursion.
On the other hand, Ahly will return to their favourite hunting ground; East Africa, against Rwandese military side APR. But they’ll be careful to avoid complacency against the CECAFA Club Cup runners-up as Yanga, from Tanzania, showed last year.
CAF Confederations Cup
Djoliba vs Petrojet
Zamalek vs Rayon Sport
Petrojet will face arguably the sternest test among Egyptian teams as they are pit against seasoned continental campaigners, Djoliba, from Mali. The Malians receiving a bye in the preliminaries is a testament of their abilities.
Finding themselves in unfamiliar waters, Africa’s 2nd tier club competition, Zamalek will look to make easy of Rayon Sports from Rwanda.
The first legs will be played on the weekend of March 13-15th while the return legs take place in April between the 3-5th.