Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Egyptian clubs’ continental programme
Egyptian opponents for the first round of the CAF Champions League and CAF Confederations Cup are now known after the completion of the preliminaries this past weekend.
CAF Champions League
Enyimba vs Smouha
APR vs Al Ahly
Smouha will fancy their chances despite taking on Nigerian powerhouse Enyimba who easily dispatched Benin side Buffles du Borgou 4-0. On the contrary, Smouha needed penalties to beat Al-Ahli Tripoli in their maiden continental excursion.
On the other hand, Ahly will return to their favourite hunting ground; East Africa, against Rwandese military side APR. But they’ll be careful to avoid complacency against the CECAFA Club Cup runners-up as Yanga, from Tanzania, showed last year.
CAF Confederations Cup
Djoliba vs Petrojet
Zamalek vs Rayon Sport
Petrojet will face arguably the sternest test among Egyptian teams as they are pit against seasoned continental campaigners, Djoliba, from Mali. The Malians receiving a bye in the preliminaries is a testament of their abilities.
Finding themselves in unfamiliar waters, Africa’s 2nd tier club competition, Zamalek will look to make easy of Rayon Sports from Rwanda.
The first legs will be played on the weekend of March 13-15th while the return legs take place in April between the 3-5th.