Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Héctor Cúper announced as Egypt national team manager
Following a Monday afternoon board meeting, EFA media chief Azmy Megahed announced Cúper as the new national team manager.
“An agreement has been reached for the appointment of Cúper as the new national team manager,” Megahed explained in a press conference.
EFA board member Mahmoud El-Shamy went on to reveal that, if Egypt fail to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Argentine’s contract will be terminated.
The 59-year-old reached two UEFA Champions League finals at the turn of the century with Valencia, although he lost on both occasions.
The Egyptian national team failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations under former manager Shawky Gharib.
The draw for the qualification rounds of the 2017 edition will be held next month, after the host nation is announced.