KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Héctor Cúper announced as Egypt national team manager
The Egyptian Football Association have announced the appointment of ex-Valencia manager Héctor Cúper as the new manager of the Egyptian national team.
Following a Monday afternoon board meeting, EFA media chief Azmy Megahed announced Cúper as the new national team manager.
“An agreement has been reached for the appointment of Cúper as the new national team manager,” Megahed explained in a press conference.
EFA board member Mahmoud El-Shamy went on to reveal that, if Egypt fail to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Argentine’s contract will be terminated.
The 59-year-old reached two UEFA Champions League finals at the turn of the century with Valencia, although he lost on both occasions.
The Egyptian national team failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations under former manager Shawky Gharib.
The draw for the qualification rounds of the 2017 edition will be held next month, after the host nation is announced.