Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Héctor Cúper announced as Egypt national team manager
The Egyptian Football Association have announced the appointment of ex-Valencia manager Héctor Cúper as the new manager of the Egyptian national team.
Following a Monday afternoon board meeting, EFA media chief Azmy Megahed announced Cúper as the new national team manager.
“An agreement has been reached for the appointment of Cúper as the new national team manager,” Megahed explained in a press conference.
EFA board member Mahmoud El-Shamy went on to reveal that, if Egypt fail to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Argentine’s contract will be terminated.
The 59-year-old reached two UEFA Champions League finals at the turn of the century with Valencia, although he lost on both occasions.
The Egyptian national team failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations under former manager Shawky Gharib.
The draw for the qualification rounds of the 2017 edition will be held next month, after the host nation is announced.