Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
Héctor Cúper announced as Egypt national team manager
The Egyptian Football Association have announced the appointment of ex-Valencia manager Héctor Cúper as the new manager of the Egyptian national team.
Following a Monday afternoon board meeting, EFA media chief Azmy Megahed announced Cúper as the new national team manager.
“An agreement has been reached for the appointment of Cúper as the new national team manager,” Megahed explained in a press conference.
EFA board member Mahmoud El-Shamy went on to reveal that, if Egypt fail to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, the Argentine’s contract will be terminated.
The 59-year-old reached two UEFA Champions League finals at the turn of the century with Valencia, although he lost on both occasions.
The Egyptian national team failed to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations under former manager Shawky Gharib.
The draw for the qualification rounds of the 2017 edition will be held next month, after the host nation is announced.