Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Ramadan Sobhy signs new 5-year contract with Al Ahly
Ahly had previously signed a 5-year contract with Sobhy, however, it was declared illegal as the Egyptian football association (EFA) regulations ban players under 18 from signing for more than three years with any club.
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said in a statement Tuesday that the old deal couldn’t be notarized as it violated the EFA regulations.
Megahed added that the deal isn’t binding to Sobhy and that Ahly officials need to rectify the situation.
The Red Devils had to wait until Sobhy turned 18 to offer him the new deal, which will tie him down to the club until 2020.
Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Sobhy signed the new contract later on Tuesday with the same terms and conditions of the old deal.
Sobhy made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side last year and has managed to become a first team regular since, scoring 5 goals. The Egypt U-23 international has also been rumoured to have drawn interest from the likes of Atlético Madrid and Benfica.