Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz introduced heavy fines that will be...
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
Ramadan Sobhy signs new 5-year contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have announced that their 18-year-old midfielder Ramadan Sobhy has signed a 5-year contract with the Red Devils.
Ahly had previously signed a 5-year contract with Sobhy, however, it was declared illegal as the Egyptian football association (EFA) regulations ban players under 18 from signing for more than three years with any club.
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said in a statement Tuesday that the old deal couldn’t be notarized as it violated the EFA regulations.
Megahed added that the deal isn’t binding to Sobhy and that Ahly officials need to rectify the situation.
The Red Devils had to wait until Sobhy turned 18 to offer him the new deal, which will tie him down to the club until 2020.
Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Sobhy signed the new contract later on Tuesday with the same terms and conditions of the old deal.
Sobhy made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side last year and has managed to become a first team regular since, scoring 5 goals. The Egypt U-23 international has also been rumoured to have drawn interest from the likes of Atlético Madrid and Benfica.