Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Ramadan Sobhy signs new 5-year contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have announced that their 18-year-old midfielder Ramadan Sobhy has signed a 5-year contract with the Red Devils.
Ahly had previously signed a 5-year contract with Sobhy, however, it was declared illegal as the Egyptian football association (EFA) regulations ban players under 18 from signing for more than three years with any club.
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said in a statement Tuesday that the old deal couldn’t be notarized as it violated the EFA regulations.
Megahed added that the deal isn’t binding to Sobhy and that Ahly officials need to rectify the situation.
The Red Devils had to wait until Sobhy turned 18 to offer him the new deal, which will tie him down to the club until 2020.
Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Sobhy signed the new contract later on Tuesday with the same terms and conditions of the old deal.
Sobhy made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side last year and has managed to become a first team regular since, scoring 5 goals. The Egypt U-23 international has also been rumoured to have drawn interest from the likes of Atlético Madrid and Benfica.