Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Ramadan Sobhy signs new 5-year contract with Al Ahly
Ahly had previously signed a 5-year contract with Sobhy, however, it was declared illegal as the Egyptian football association (EFA) regulations ban players under 18 from signing for more than three years with any club.
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said in a statement Tuesday that the old deal couldn’t be notarized as it violated the EFA regulations.
Megahed added that the deal isn’t binding to Sobhy and that Ahly officials need to rectify the situation.
The Red Devils had to wait until Sobhy turned 18 to offer him the new deal, which will tie him down to the club until 2020.
Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Sobhy signed the new contract later on Tuesday with the same terms and conditions of the old deal.
Sobhy made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side last year and has managed to become a first team regular since, scoring 5 goals. The Egypt U-23 international has also been rumoured to have drawn interest from the likes of Atlético Madrid and Benfica.