Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Ramadan Sobhy signs new 5-year contract with Al Ahly
Al Ahly have announced that their 18-year-old midfielder Ramadan Sobhy has signed a 5-year contract with the Red Devils.
Ahly had previously signed a 5-year contract with Sobhy, however, it was declared illegal as the Egyptian football association (EFA) regulations ban players under 18 from signing for more than three years with any club.
EFA spokesman Azmy Megahed said in a statement Tuesday that the old deal couldn’t be notarized as it violated the EFA regulations.
Megahed added that the deal isn’t binding to Sobhy and that Ahly officials need to rectify the situation.
The Red Devils had to wait until Sobhy turned 18 to offer him the new deal, which will tie him down to the club until 2020.
Ahly’s football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Sobhy signed the new contract later on Tuesday with the same terms and conditions of the old deal.
Sobhy made his professional debut for Al Ahly’s senior side last year and has managed to become a first team regular since, scoring 5 goals. The Egypt U-23 international has also been rumoured to have drawn interest from the likes of Atlético Madrid and Benfica.