AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Egypt U23s progress after 1-1 draw with Kenya U23
Egypt’s U23 team drew against a determined Kenyan side to keep alive their dreams for All-Africa Games gold.
The match, played in Machakos on the outskirts of Nairobi, ended in a 1-all draw with both goals coming from the penalty spot.
Egypt U23 XI: Mossad Awad; Ragab Nabil, Mahmoud Hamdy, Abdel-Gomaa Mohammed, Mohamed Ashraf, Mahmoud Kahraba, Ramadan Sobhi, Hussein Ragab, Yasser Ahmed, Abdelrahaman Mohammed, Mahmoud Hamad.
Egypt were the stronger side at the start of the game and created a few dangerous moments, from which they failed to score, before Kahraba eventually netted his third goal from two matches. The future Egyptian talisman, was brought down in the area and stepped up to give his side the lead; sending the goalkeeper the wrong way.
The lead didn’t last long though as Kenya gave an equal response 6 minutes later. On form Gor Mahia striker, Michael Olunga, was brought down by Mossad Awad and Omumba slotted home from the ensuing penalty. He too, wrong-footing the goalkeeper.
In the second half, Kenya, who had their stars back for this fixture, upped the ante and came close thrice to taking the lead. All three occasions falling to Michael Olunga. The visitors, as well, created their fair number of chances but the game increasingly looked set to end in a draw as the match progressed.
The Young Pharaohs thus qualified with a 4-1 aggregate win, after last week’s 3-goal thrashing, and will face the winner of DR Congo and Burundi in the next round.