Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Egypt U23s progress after 1-1 draw with Kenya U23
The match, played in Machakos on the outskirts of Nairobi, ended in a 1-all draw with both goals coming from the penalty spot.
Egypt U23 XI: Mossad Awad; Ragab Nabil, Mahmoud Hamdy, Abdel-Gomaa Mohammed, Mohamed Ashraf, Mahmoud Kahraba, Ramadan Sobhi, Hussein Ragab, Yasser Ahmed, Abdelrahaman Mohammed, Mahmoud Hamad.
Egypt were the stronger side at the start of the game and created a few dangerous moments, from which they failed to score, before Kahraba eventually netted his third goal from two matches. The future Egyptian talisman, was brought down in the area and stepped up to give his side the lead; sending the goalkeeper the wrong way.
The lead didn’t last long though as Kenya gave an equal response 6 minutes later. On form Gor Mahia striker, Michael Olunga, was brought down by Mossad Awad and Omumba slotted home from the ensuing penalty. He too, wrong-footing the goalkeeper.
In the second half, Kenya, who had their stars back for this fixture, upped the ante and came close thrice to taking the lead. All three occasions falling to Michael Olunga. The visitors, as well, created their fair number of chances but the game increasingly looked set to end in a draw as the match progressed.
The Young Pharaohs thus qualified with a 4-1 aggregate win, after last week’s 3-goal thrashing, and will face the winner of DR Congo and Burundi in the next round.