Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Roma coach Rudi Garcia refuses to comment on Salah
“Salah? I’m not going to talk about players who aren’t in my team,” Garcia said in a press conference held on Saturday.
Roma was reportedly close to agree with Chelsea for the transfer of the Egyptian International to the Serie A club, however, he ended up joining Fiorentina on loan until the end of the season, with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
The 51-year-old French coach said that he would only discuss his club’s new signings Seydou Doumbia and Victor Ibarbo.
He said they thought Doumbia would be a good replacement for their striker Destro who joined A.C. Milan on loan, while they went for Ibarbo because he can play in three positions.
“All we can do right now is get Doumbia and Ibarbo fully fit again, then it’s up to them to prove that the faith we have in them is warranted,” Garcia added.
It’s well worth mentioning that the 22-year-old Egyptian international received praise from various footballers around the world after his performance with Fiorentina. He scored 6 goals in 7 games since joining his new club.