Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Roma coach Rudi Garcia refuses to comment on Salah
“Salah? I’m not going to talk about players who aren’t in my team,” Garcia said in a press conference held on Saturday.
Roma was reportedly close to agree with Chelsea for the transfer of the Egyptian International to the Serie A club, however, he ended up joining Fiorentina on loan until the end of the season, with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
The 51-year-old French coach said that he would only discuss his club’s new signings Seydou Doumbia and Victor Ibarbo.
He said they thought Doumbia would be a good replacement for their striker Destro who joined A.C. Milan on loan, while they went for Ibarbo because he can play in three positions.
“All we can do right now is get Doumbia and Ibarbo fully fit again, then it’s up to them to prove that the faith we have in them is warranted,” Garcia added.
It’s well worth mentioning that the 22-year-old Egyptian international received praise from various footballers around the world after his performance with Fiorentina. He scored 6 goals in 7 games since joining his new club.