Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Roma coach Rudi Garcia refuses to comment on Salah
“Salah? I’m not going to talk about players who aren’t in my team,” Garcia said in a press conference held on Saturday.
Roma was reportedly close to agree with Chelsea for the transfer of the Egyptian International to the Serie A club, however, he ended up joining Fiorentina on loan until the end of the season, with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
The 51-year-old French coach said that he would only discuss his club’s new signings Seydou Doumbia and Victor Ibarbo.
He said they thought Doumbia would be a good replacement for their striker Destro who joined A.C. Milan on loan, while they went for Ibarbo because he can play in three positions.
“All we can do right now is get Doumbia and Ibarbo fully fit again, then it’s up to them to prove that the faith we have in them is warranted,” Garcia added.
It’s well worth mentioning that the 22-year-old Egyptian international received praise from various footballers around the world after his performance with Fiorentina. He scored 6 goals in 7 games since joining his new club.