Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Koka misses penalty as Rio Ave, Nacional draw
In a match where three Egyptian internationals were among the starting 22 – Koka up top for Rio Ave while Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa retained their spots in Nacional’s midfield – the two sides had to each settle for a point in a 1-1 draw.
The sides went into half-time goalless with Egypt striker Koka – who has 14 goals this season – guilty for missing a penalty in the 41st minute, while Gomaa was substituted by Brazilian striker Wagner just before the whistle, after the ENPPI loanee picked up a yellow-card earlier on.
The home side didn’t have to wait much longer to find a breakthrough, as Dutch striker Marvin Zeegelaar opened the scoring just a minute into the second half. However, Rio Ave could only hold onto their lead for six minutes as Nacional equalized through Marco Matias.
With Ghazal coming off after the hour mark, both sides failed to alter the result despite Rio Ave bringing on two extra strikers – including Tala’a El-Gaish’s former Liberian hitman William Jebor.
The 1-1 draw leaves Nacional in 8th place and Rio Ave in 10th, with just two points separating the two sides. CD Nacional next visit Coimbra while Koka’s side travel to Penafiel.