Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Koka misses penalty as Rio Ave, Nacional draw
In a match where three Egyptian internationals were among the starting 22 – Koka up top for Rio Ave while Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa retained their spots in Nacional’s midfield – the two sides had to each settle for a point in a 1-1 draw.
The sides went into half-time goalless with Egypt striker Koka – who has 14 goals this season – guilty for missing a penalty in the 41st minute, while Gomaa was substituted by Brazilian striker Wagner just before the whistle, after the ENPPI loanee picked up a yellow-card earlier on.
The home side didn’t have to wait much longer to find a breakthrough, as Dutch striker Marvin Zeegelaar opened the scoring just a minute into the second half. However, Rio Ave could only hold onto their lead for six minutes as Nacional equalized through Marco Matias.
With Ghazal coming off after the hour mark, both sides failed to alter the result despite Rio Ave bringing on two extra strikers – including Tala’a El-Gaish’s former Liberian hitman William Jebor.
The 1-1 draw leaves Nacional in 8th place and Rio Ave in 10th, with just two points separating the two sides. CD Nacional next visit Coimbra while Koka’s side travel to Penafiel.