Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Lazio 4-0 Fiorentina: Viola thrashed as Salah features
The match, which had huge importance to both teams, started off edgy and both sides seemed to take time to get into the game. Lazio, who lay fourth in Seria A just before kick-off, looked to capitalize on Napoli’s draw with Inter and it took just six minutes for the breakthrough. Lucas Biglia kept his splendid volley from the edge of the box low and into the bottom corner.
The pace of the match started to pick up and it was Biglia who nearly scored again with a very similar move, but his volley was saved brilliantly by Neto. Having held out under that initial storm, it became a more even affair as Fiorentina edged back into the match, and Mati Fernandez’s free-kick curled just wide. Felipe Anderson, who was compared to Salah in the pre-match press conference and was very effective for Lazio, ran through on goal but his chip failed to beat Neto as the first half drew to a close.
In the second half, Fiorentina seemed to come out the stronger of the two side after Montella’s words during the break. Salah unselfishly set up Badelj inside the area, but the latter blazed over inexplicably. However it was Lazio who took struck out of the blue, when Tomovic fouled Anderson in the penalty area and Candreva calmly slotted in to make it 2-0. It didn’t stop there, as Fernandez took a free-kick quickly and allowed Lazio to mount a lighting counter-attack. Candreva was played in delightfully, and although he forced a tough save out of Neto, Klose’s diving header from the rebound further increased the score.
Klose soon made it four when substitute Keita Balde dribbled past Savic, and forced a save at the near post, before Klose bundled the ball in over two attempts.
The result means Lazio have leapfrogged Napoli into third place in the Serie A table, while the visitors remain in fifth.
Fiorentina face Roma at home in the first leg of the Europa League round of 16 on Thursday.