Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
El-Badry: I’ll do my best to be the Egyptian manager one day
Argentine Héctor Cúper signed a three-year contract with the Egyptian national team following a failure with Al-Wasl in the United Arab Emirates.
Egyptian Olympic national team head coach Hossam El-Badry reportedly stormed out of the room after the contract was finalized between the Egyptian FA and Cúper to be the Pharaohs’ new head coach.
El-Badry believed that the football circumstances in Egypt nowadays is suitable to give him a chance to be the new head coach, but he told Gulf broadcast program El-Radio 9090: “A foreigner head coach was a must according to the Egyptian FA.”
“I don’t feel wronged because I wasn’t chosen to take charge of Egypt’s national team as the FA wanted a foreign coach to guarantee qualification to the African Cup, but I think the time was right for me to be given an opportunity.
“I still look forward to managing the national team one day; it’s a milestone I will work hard to achieve,” he concluded.
It was reported that El Badry was going to resign from coaching the Olympic national team, but the former Al Ahly coach has denied this.