Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Garrido names Al Ahly squad for Champions League opener
The Spanish coach dropped youngster Karim Bambo from the squad for the team’s away game in Rwanda for technical reasons. However, striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher was excluded for falling ill ahead of the club’s first African Champions League match this season.
The team will also be missing forward Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’, who only recently returned to training after being out of the team’s squad for several months due to an ACL injury.
Mohamed Rizk and Islam Roshdy also won’t be able travel with the team to Rwanda due to military service procedures.
Al Ahly squad list as follows:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mossad Awad.
Defenders: Mohamed Naguib, Bassem Ali, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Hussein El-Sayed, Sherif Hazem, Mohamed Hany.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Momen Zakaria.
Forwards: Emad Meteb, Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei.
Rwanda’s A.P.R qualified for the round of 32 after beating Mozambique’s Liga Muclmana on aggregate in the Champions League preliminaries, while Al Ahly, who are bidding for their 9th title, are directly qualified at the current round for being the Egyptian League title winners.
Al Ahly hold the record number of the highest number of CAF Champions League titles, won a total of eight times.