AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
EXCLUSIVE: Hussein admits league cancellation could happen
The league has been dormant since the Air Defense Stadium disaster that occurred on February 8, which resulted in the death of 20 Zamalek supporters prior to the side’s game against ENPPI.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Hussein made it clear that the league could be cancelled if the Ministry of Interior do not agree to the FA’s revised game schedule by March 22.
“The revised game schedule has been sent to the Ministry of Interior,” he said. “If they don’t approve it by March 22nd, then there will be no other choice but to cancel the league, simply because we won’t be able to finish it.”
It is also worth mentioning that several reports stated that the Egyptian cabinet promised the league’s continuation following a 40-day mourning period.