Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
EXCLUSIVE: Hussein admits league cancellation could happen
The league has been dormant since the Air Defense Stadium disaster that occurred on February 8, which resulted in the death of 20 Zamalek supporters prior to the side’s game against ENPPI.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Hussein made it clear that the league could be cancelled if the Ministry of Interior do not agree to the FA’s revised game schedule by March 22.
“The revised game schedule has been sent to the Ministry of Interior,” he said. “If they don’t approve it by March 22nd, then there will be no other choice but to cancel the league, simply because we won’t be able to finish it.”
It is also worth mentioning that several reports stated that the Egyptian cabinet promised the league’s continuation following a 40-day mourning period.