Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
EXCLUSIVE: Hussein admits league cancellation could happen
The league has been dormant since the Air Defense Stadium disaster that occurred on February 8, which resulted in the death of 20 Zamalek supporters prior to the side’s game against ENPPI.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Hussein made it clear that the league could be cancelled if the Ministry of Interior do not agree to the FA’s revised game schedule by March 22.
“The revised game schedule has been sent to the Ministry of Interior,” he said. “If they don’t approve it by March 22nd, then there will be no other choice but to cancel the league, simply because we won’t be able to finish it.”
It is also worth mentioning that several reports stated that the Egyptian cabinet promised the league’s continuation following a 40-day mourning period.