Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EXCLUSIVE: Hussein admits league cancellation could happen
The league has been dormant since the Air Defense Stadium disaster that occurred on February 8, which resulted in the death of 20 Zamalek supporters prior to the side’s game against ENPPI.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Hussein made it clear that the league could be cancelled if the Ministry of Interior do not agree to the FA’s revised game schedule by March 22.
“The revised game schedule has been sent to the Ministry of Interior,” he said. “If they don’t approve it by March 22nd, then there will be no other choice but to cancel the league, simply because we won’t be able to finish it.”
It is also worth mentioning that several reports stated that the Egyptian cabinet promised the league’s continuation following a 40-day mourning period.