Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
EXCLUSIVE: Hussein admits league cancellation could happen
The league has been dormant since the Air Defense Stadium disaster that occurred on February 8, which resulted in the death of 20 Zamalek supporters prior to the side’s game against ENPPI.
Speaking to KingFut.com, Hussein made it clear that the league could be cancelled if the Ministry of Interior do not agree to the FA’s revised game schedule by March 22.
“The revised game schedule has been sent to the Ministry of Interior,” he said. “If they don’t approve it by March 22nd, then there will be no other choice but to cancel the league, simply because we won’t be able to finish it.”
It is also worth mentioning that several reports stated that the Egyptian cabinet promised the league’s continuation following a 40-day mourning period.