Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Updated: Egypt to play friendly versus Equatorial Guinea
The Egyptian Football Federation (EFA) has approved a friendly between Egypt and Equatorial Guinea that is scheduled to be played in Morocco on March 26.
After being appointed as head coach of Egypt on March 2, the friendly will mark Héctor Cúper’s return to managing after a one year hiatus from the game.
The friendly will also be the first test for the Argentine boss with the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers starting in June. The Pharaohs will be facing a potentially competitive opponent that made it to the AFCON semi-finals and finished fourth in the tournament.
Cúper is expected to begin his function as the team’s manager in roughly one week, and he will leave with the team for Morocco for training and return after the match.
Earlier this week, Héctor Cúper announced the Pharoahs squad for this upcoming friendly.
After Egyptian security officials declined to host the match in Cairo, the friendly was briefly scheduled to be held in Dubai on March 28. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco on March 26 due to a scheduling conflict for Equitorial Guinea.
The friendly will kick off at 6 p.m. Egyptian time.
Updated March 20th