Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Updated: Egypt to play friendly versus Equatorial Guinea
The Egyptian Football Federation (EFA) has approved a friendly between Egypt and Equatorial Guinea that is scheduled to be played in Morocco on March 26.
After being appointed as head coach of Egypt on March 2, the friendly will mark Héctor Cúper’s return to managing after a one year hiatus from the game.
The friendly will also be the first test for the Argentine boss with the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers starting in June. The Pharaohs will be facing a potentially competitive opponent that made it to the AFCON semi-finals and finished fourth in the tournament.
Cúper is expected to begin his function as the team’s manager in roughly one week, and he will leave with the team for Morocco for training and return after the match.
Earlier this week, Héctor Cúper announced the Pharoahs squad for this upcoming friendly.
After Egyptian security officials declined to host the match in Cairo, the friendly was briefly scheduled to be held in Dubai on March 28. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco on March 26 due to a scheduling conflict for Equitorial Guinea.
The friendly will kick off at 6 p.m. Egyptian time.
Updated March 20th