Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Updated: Egypt to play friendly versus Equatorial Guinea
The Egyptian Football Federation (EFA) has approved a friendly between Egypt and Equatorial Guinea that is scheduled to be played in Morocco on March 26.
After being appointed as head coach of Egypt on March 2, the friendly will mark Héctor Cúper’s return to managing after a one year hiatus from the game.
The friendly will also be the first test for the Argentine boss with the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers starting in June. The Pharaohs will be facing a potentially competitive opponent that made it to the AFCON semi-finals and finished fourth in the tournament.
Cúper is expected to begin his function as the team’s manager in roughly one week, and he will leave with the team for Morocco for training and return after the match.
Earlier this week, Héctor Cúper announced the Pharoahs squad for this upcoming friendly.
After Egyptian security officials declined to host the match in Cairo, the friendly was briefly scheduled to be held in Dubai on March 28. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco on March 26 due to a scheduling conflict for Equitorial Guinea.
The friendly will kick off at 6 p.m. Egyptian time.
Updated March 20th