Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Abou-Treika: I didn’t expect Salah to wear the number 74 shirt
The Chelsea man joined La Viola on a six-month loan deal in January, and Abou-Treika has revealed that he expected Salah to wear the number 22 shirt, as opposed to paying tribute to the 74 Al Ahly fans who lost their lives in the Port Said disaster.
“He told me he’ll surprise me, so I expected him to wear my favourite 22 shirt but instead he chose the number 74, I was definitely suprised,” he said.
“Salah’s mentality is the reason behind his success and I wish him a good luck in his career.”
Abou-Treika has openly sided with the ultras following the Port Said disaster, even refusing to participate in the 2012 Egyptian Super Cup against ENPPI in protest.