Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Abou-Treika: I didn’t expect Salah to wear the number 74 shirt
The Chelsea man joined La Viola on a six-month loan deal in January, and Abou-Treika has revealed that he expected Salah to wear the number 22 shirt, as opposed to paying tribute to the 74 Al Ahly fans who lost their lives in the Port Said disaster.
“He told me he’ll surprise me, so I expected him to wear my favourite 22 shirt but instead he chose the number 74, I was definitely suprised,” he said.
“Salah’s mentality is the reason behind his success and I wish him a good luck in his career.”
Abou-Treika has openly sided with the ultras following the Port Said disaster, even refusing to participate in the 2012 Egyptian Super Cup against ENPPI in protest.