Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Abou-Treika: I didn’t expect Salah to wear the number 74 shirt
The Chelsea man joined La Viola on a six-month loan deal in January, and Abou-Treika has revealed that he expected Salah to wear the number 22 shirt, as opposed to paying tribute to the 74 Al Ahly fans who lost their lives in the Port Said disaster.
“He told me he’ll surprise me, so I expected him to wear my favourite 22 shirt but instead he chose the number 74, I was definitely suprised,” he said.
“Salah’s mentality is the reason behind his success and I wish him a good luck in his career.”
Abou-Treika has openly sided with the ultras following the Port Said disaster, even refusing to participate in the 2012 Egyptian Super Cup against ENPPI in protest.