Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Abou-Treika: I didn’t expect Salah to wear the number 74 shirt
The Chelsea man joined La Viola on a six-month loan deal in January, and Abou-Treika has revealed that he expected Salah to wear the number 22 shirt, as opposed to paying tribute to the 74 Al Ahly fans who lost their lives in the Port Said disaster.
“He told me he’ll surprise me, so I expected him to wear my favourite 22 shirt but instead he chose the number 74, I was definitely suprised,” he said.
“Salah’s mentality is the reason behind his success and I wish him a good luck in his career.”
Abou-Treika has openly sided with the ultras following the Port Said disaster, even refusing to participate in the 2012 Egyptian Super Cup against ENPPI in protest.