The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Abou-Treika: I didn’t expect Salah to wear the number 74 shirt
The Chelsea man joined La Viola on a six-month loan deal in January, and Abou-Treika has revealed that he expected Salah to wear the number 22 shirt, as opposed to paying tribute to the 74 Al Ahly fans who lost their lives in the Port Said disaster.
“He told me he’ll surprise me, so I expected him to wear my favourite 22 shirt but instead he chose the number 74, I was definitely suprised,” he said.
“Salah’s mentality is the reason behind his success and I wish him a good luck in his career.”
Abou-Treika has openly sided with the ultras following the Port Said disaster, even refusing to participate in the 2012 Egyptian Super Cup against ENPPI in protest.