Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Al Masry suspend six players indefinitely after striking over pay
Al Masry have suspended six players indefinitely after striking over unpaid wages, and the club has ordered an internal investigation into the matter.
The suspended players are Ahmed Dawoud, Alaa Shaaban, Ahmed Yasser, Ahmed Massoud, Mohamed Adel and Omar Yehia.
According to Al Masry’s official website, six players refused to train over unpaid wages on Sunday, and they urged the rest of the team to join in until the wage problem is resolved.
The website also mentioned that they spoke to the team’s technical and administrative staff inappropriately.
The club’s board had previously agreed with the players to pay the outstanding dues within the coming period, and according to a specific schedule.