The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Al Masry suspend six players indefinitely after striking over pay
Al Masry have suspended six players indefinitely after striking over unpaid wages, and the club has ordered an internal investigation into the matter.
The suspended players are Ahmed Dawoud, Alaa Shaaban, Ahmed Yasser, Ahmed Massoud, Mohamed Adel and Omar Yehia.
According to Al Masry’s official website, six players refused to train over unpaid wages on Sunday, and they urged the rest of the team to join in until the wage problem is resolved.
The website also mentioned that they spoke to the team’s technical and administrative staff inappropriately.
The club’s board had previously agreed with the players to pay the outstanding dues within the coming period, and according to a specific schedule.