Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Al Masry suspend six players indefinitely after striking over pay
Al Masry have suspended six players indefinitely after striking over unpaid wages, and the club has ordered an internal investigation into the matter.
The suspended players are Ahmed Dawoud, Alaa Shaaban, Ahmed Yasser, Ahmed Massoud, Mohamed Adel and Omar Yehia.
According to Al Masry’s official website, six players refused to train over unpaid wages on Sunday, and they urged the rest of the team to join in until the wage problem is resolved.
The website also mentioned that they spoke to the team’s technical and administrative staff inappropriately.
The club’s board had previously agreed with the players to pay the outstanding dues within the coming period, and according to a specific schedule.