Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Al Masry suspend six players indefinitely after striking over pay
Al Masry have suspended six players indefinitely after striking over unpaid wages, and the club has ordered an internal investigation into the matter.
The suspended players are Ahmed Dawoud, Alaa Shaaban, Ahmed Yasser, Ahmed Massoud, Mohamed Adel and Omar Yehia.
According to Al Masry’s official website, six players refused to train over unpaid wages on Sunday, and they urged the rest of the team to join in until the wage problem is resolved.
The website also mentioned that they spoke to the team’s technical and administrative staff inappropriately.
The club’s board had previously agreed with the players to pay the outstanding dues within the coming period, and according to a specific schedule.