Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Ghazal dropped as Cúper calls nine Pharaohs Abroad up for Eq. Guinea friendly
Héctor Cúper, Egypt’s new national team head coach, announced his very first list of Pharaohs Abroad call-ups today, and Fiorentina star Mohamed Salah heads the list.
Mohamed Salah (Fiorentina, Italy), Ahmed Hegazy (Perugia, Italy), Mohamed El-Nenny (Basel, Switzerland), Ahmed Elmohamady (Hull City, England), Saleh Gomaa (Nacional, Portugal), Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ (Rio Ave, Portugal), Rami Rabia (Sporting B, Portugal) Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli-Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) and Ahmed Fathi (Umm Salal, Qatar) have all received call-ups from Cúper.
Egypt will play their first game under the Argentinian against Equitorial Guinea on the 26th of this month in Morocco.
The Egyptian Football Association had previously announced the signing of Cúper after sacking former manager Shawky Gharib, as a result of the latter’s failure to qualify for the 2015 African Cup Of Nations.