Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Hegazy: I’ll discuss matters with Viola this summer
Ahmed Hegazy revealed discussions regarding his future with Fiorentina after his conversation with La Violas board of directors. He told Al-Malaeb Al Youm: “I asked Fiorentina to loan me because of the tough competition and the repetition of the cruciate ligament injury.”
The young Pharaoh joined Serie B side Perugia on a 6-month loan from Fiorentina, stating that Fiorentina do not allow more than 6-month loan deals. “I’ll discuss my matters with La Viola after this season as to whether to stay or to leave.”
“In addition to that I believe that I am performing well with Perugia,” said Hegazy. “We are three points away from the promotion zone to Serie A and there are still 11 matches to go, and I believe that we can make it,” he added.
Ahmed Hegazy has been speaking with Mohamed Salah, telling him that Fiorentina is one of the best Italian teams in Serie A and the players have got extraordinary skills that will help him score.
“I advised Salah to stay with Fiorentina as the board of directors are following a 3-year plan that is suitable to him. In addition to that Fiorentina is better that AC Milan and Inter Milan,” said the towering Egyptian defender.
Salah has started life in Florence with a bang, scoring 6 goals in three different tournaments: Serie A, Coppa Italia and the UEFA Europe League, with Fiorentina currently having the option to extend Salah’s loan for an additional season for €1 million.
Ahmed Hegazy expected the Egyptian national team call-up as he has 25 caps and believes that he is fit enough to be in Cúper’s squad to face Equatorial Guinea, in the Argentine’s first test to prove himself to Egyptians.