Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Sporting line up revised bid for Egypt striker Koka
Earlier in January, the 22-year-old Egyptian striker was linked to Sporting, who previously offered around €1 million. The Lions’ second offer is now believed to be ‘slightly higher’, according to O Jogo.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, rejected the earlier bid claiming to have received a ‘better offer’ from a foreign club, that he refused to reveal.
Campos added that he “hopes Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting’s President) understands that I have to defend the interests of my club. Thus, at present, the deal is off.”
Koka has been impressive this season, scoring 15 goals in all competitions, with 12 goals in the Primeira Liga – second in the top scorers list behind Jackson Martínez, and levelling with Benfica’s Lima.
Koka’s last netted goal came against FC Penafiel in a 2-0 win for the Rio Grande.