Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sporting line up revised bid for Egypt striker Koka
Earlier in January, the 22-year-old Egyptian striker was linked to Sporting, who previously offered around €1 million. The Lions’ second offer is now believed to be ‘slightly higher’, according to O Jogo.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, rejected the earlier bid claiming to have received a ‘better offer’ from a foreign club, that he refused to reveal.
Campos added that he “hopes Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting’s President) understands that I have to defend the interests of my club. Thus, at present, the deal is off.”
Koka has been impressive this season, scoring 15 goals in all competitions, with 12 goals in the Primeira Liga – second in the top scorers list behind Jackson Martínez, and levelling with Benfica’s Lima.
Koka’s last netted goal came against FC Penafiel in a 2-0 win for the Rio Grande.