An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Sporting line up revised bid for Egypt striker Koka
Earlier in January, the 22-year-old Egyptian striker was linked to Sporting, who previously offered around €1 million. The Lions’ second offer is now believed to be ‘slightly higher’, according to O Jogo.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, rejected the earlier bid claiming to have received a ‘better offer’ from a foreign club, that he refused to reveal.
Campos added that he “hopes Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting’s President) understands that I have to defend the interests of my club. Thus, at present, the deal is off.”
Koka has been impressive this season, scoring 15 goals in all competitions, with 12 goals in the Primeira Liga – second in the top scorers list behind Jackson Martínez, and levelling with Benfica’s Lima.
Koka’s last netted goal came against FC Penafiel in a 2-0 win for the Rio Grande.