Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Sporting line up revised bid for Egypt striker Koka
Earlier in January, the 22-year-old Egyptian striker was linked to Sporting, who previously offered around €1 million. The Lions’ second offer is now believed to be ‘slightly higher’, according to O Jogo.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, rejected the earlier bid claiming to have received a ‘better offer’ from a foreign club, that he refused to reveal.
Campos added that he “hopes Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting’s President) understands that I have to defend the interests of my club. Thus, at present, the deal is off.”
Koka has been impressive this season, scoring 15 goals in all competitions, with 12 goals in the Primeira Liga – second in the top scorers list behind Jackson Martínez, and levelling with Benfica’s Lima.
Koka’s last netted goal came against FC Penafiel in a 2-0 win for the Rio Grande.