Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Sporting line up revised bid for Egypt striker Koka
Earlier in January, the 22-year-old Egyptian striker was linked to Sporting, who previously offered around €1 million. The Lions’ second offer is now believed to be ‘slightly higher’, according to O Jogo.
Rio Ave’s president, António Campos, rejected the earlier bid claiming to have received a ‘better offer’ from a foreign club, that he refused to reveal.
Campos added that he “hopes Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting’s President) understands that I have to defend the interests of my club. Thus, at present, the deal is off.”
Koka has been impressive this season, scoring 15 goals in all competitions, with 12 goals in the Primeira Liga – second in the top scorers list behind Jackson Martínez, and levelling with Benfica’s Lima.
Koka’s last netted goal came against FC Penafiel in a 2-0 win for the Rio Grande.