Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Possible second friendly for Egypt end of March
The EFA has declared the possibility of another friendly match for the senior national team at the end of March.
Gamal Allam, head of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), has announced that the national team might participate in a second friendly match at the end of March.
It has been previously confirmed that the national team will face Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March in Morocco. The match will mark the debut of the newly-hired coach, former Valencia and Inter Milan manager Héctor Cúper.
Allam said that Cúper intends on building a new team. “We will support him to restore Egypt’s big name,” he said. “The decision concerning this friendly will be decided in the next 24 hours.” he added.
Cúper had been appointed as Egypt’s head coach earlier in March following the sacking of Shawky Gharib who failed to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
These two matches will be taken seriously by the 56-year-old Argentinian, who has stated that people can start assessing the performance of the team in the upcoming international break, during his first press conference as manager.