Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Possible second friendly for Egypt end of March
The EFA has declared the possibility of another friendly match for the senior national team at the end of March.
Gamal Allam, head of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), has announced that the national team might participate in a second friendly match at the end of March.
It has been previously confirmed that the national team will face Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March in Morocco. The match will mark the debut of the newly-hired coach, former Valencia and Inter Milan manager Héctor Cúper.
Allam said that Cúper intends on building a new team. “We will support him to restore Egypt’s big name,” he said. “The decision concerning this friendly will be decided in the next 24 hours.” he added.
Cúper had been appointed as Egypt’s head coach earlier in March following the sacking of Shawky Gharib who failed to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
These two matches will be taken seriously by the 56-year-old Argentinian, who has stated that people can start assessing the performance of the team in the upcoming international break, during his first press conference as manager.