KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Possible second friendly for Egypt end of March
The EFA has declared the possibility of another friendly match for the senior national team at the end of March.
Gamal Allam, head of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), has announced that the national team might participate in a second friendly match at the end of March.
It has been previously confirmed that the national team will face Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March in Morocco. The match will mark the debut of the newly-hired coach, former Valencia and Inter Milan manager Héctor Cúper.
Allam said that Cúper intends on building a new team. “We will support him to restore Egypt’s big name,” he said. “The decision concerning this friendly will be decided in the next 24 hours.” he added.
Cúper had been appointed as Egypt’s head coach earlier in March following the sacking of Shawky Gharib who failed to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
These two matches will be taken seriously by the 56-year-old Argentinian, who has stated that people can start assessing the performance of the team in the upcoming international break, during his first press conference as manager.