Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Possible second friendly for Egypt end of March
The EFA has declared the possibility of another friendly match for the senior national team at the end of March.
Gamal Allam, head of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA), has announced that the national team might participate in a second friendly match at the end of March.
It has been previously confirmed that the national team will face Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March in Morocco. The match will mark the debut of the newly-hired coach, former Valencia and Inter Milan manager Héctor Cúper.
Allam said that Cúper intends on building a new team. “We will support him to restore Egypt’s big name,” he said. “The decision concerning this friendly will be decided in the next 24 hours.” he added.
Cúper had been appointed as Egypt’s head coach earlier in March following the sacking of Shawky Gharib who failed to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
These two matches will be taken seriously by the 56-year-old Argentinian, who has stated that people can start assessing the performance of the team in the upcoming international break, during his first press conference as manager.