Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Ex-Roma ‘keeper Cervone: Salah is phenomenal
The 22-year-old winger has impressed in his games with the Viola so far since joining on loan from Chelsea last month, scoring 6 goals and assisting twice in 9 appearances.
Giovanni Cervone, a former AS Roma goalkeeper now working as Lebanon’s goalkeeping coach, spoke with Radio Blu ahead of Thursday night’s clash in Rome, and when asked about the Egyptian international, he said: “Salah’s performances with Fiorentina have been fantastic.” Before adding: “It raises question marks as to why Chelsea let him go in the first place.”
“Salah is just phenomenal, and he proved his worth. He has incredible strength and speed.
“I think it’s weird Chelsea let him go,” he concluded.
Fiorentina will face Roma in a critical game tonight in the second leg of the round of 16 of the UEFA Europa League, after the first leg ended in 1-1 draw at the Artemio Franchi in Florence.