Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Zidan wins Baniyas fake injury case, awarded $900,000 – UAEFA
$900,000 US (approximately 6.86 million EGP) was awarded to the former Baniyas striker – plus his $245,000 apartment rent paid for – after being declared innocent by the United Arab Emirates Football Association for a ‘fake injury’ case on Wednesday.
Mohamed Zidan, 33, had filled a complaint against his former club almost a year ago and demanded to be compensated after being accused of faking injuries, which he insisted was not true. The Abu Dhabi-based side believed that Zidan never cared about the club and always claimed to be injured, but still received his salary on time.
“The dispute-solving committee agreed that Zidan didn’t fake injury during the Baniyas spell and was really injured, according to the documented medical reports,” Eisa Saleh, the head of the committee, was quoted as saying in Emirati newspaper Emaratalyoum about the verdict.
Former Borussia Dortmund forward Zidan, who is keen on a return to the pitch, expressed his excitement on his social media pages.
“Thanks God, certainly the truth will never fade, even after two years,” Zidan tweeted.
Zidan has been training with BVB over the winter preparing for a return to football after recovering from a knee injury.