Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Zidan wins Baniyas fake injury case, awarded $900,000 – UAEFA
$900,000 US (approximately 6.86 million EGP) was awarded to the former Baniyas striker – plus his $245,000 apartment rent paid for – after being declared innocent by the United Arab Emirates Football Association for a ‘fake injury’ case on Wednesday.
Mohamed Zidan, 33, had filled a complaint against his former club almost a year ago and demanded to be compensated after being accused of faking injuries, which he insisted was not true. The Abu Dhabi-based side believed that Zidan never cared about the club and always claimed to be injured, but still received his salary on time.
“The dispute-solving committee agreed that Zidan didn’t fake injury during the Baniyas spell and was really injured, according to the documented medical reports,” Eisa Saleh, the head of the committee, was quoted as saying in Emirati newspaper Emaratalyoum about the verdict.
Former Borussia Dortmund forward Zidan, who is keen on a return to the pitch, expressed his excitement on his social media pages.
“Thanks God, certainly the truth will never fade, even after two years,” Zidan tweeted.
Zidan has been training with BVB over the winter preparing for a return to football after recovering from a knee injury.