Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Koka ‘very far’ from Sporting – Rio Ave President
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ is ‘very far’ from joining Sporting, according to Rio Ave’s President, António da Silva Campos, who also reiterated that there were still better proposals from elsewhere.
After being linked to Sporting during the January transfer window, speculation unsurprisingly died down once the window closed, but recently Sporting have expressed their interest again, but a deal looks a long way off as Rio Ave’s President recently said that the club had “already told Sporting that there were other offers on the table,” after the Lisbon club failed to budge on their €1 million valuation of the Egyptian.
Campos added: “I will not criticise Sporting’s position, but we’re trying to get the best deal, and so far [their offer is] very far from the other proposals we have. It will be very difficult to reach and agreement with Sporting.”
Rio Ave are understood to be demanding €1.5 million for the 22-year-old, and, just like in January, the other club(s) with offers tabled are still known.
Koka has bagged 15 goals this season for the Vila do Conde side in all competitions, equalling his pre-season target in last weekend’s league win over Penafiel.