Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Koka ‘very far’ from Sporting – Rio Ave President
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ is ‘very far’ from joining Sporting, according to Rio Ave’s President, António da Silva Campos, who also reiterated that there were still better proposals from elsewhere.
After being linked to Sporting during the January transfer window, speculation unsurprisingly died down once the window closed, but recently Sporting have expressed their interest again, but a deal looks a long way off as Rio Ave’s President recently said that the club had “already told Sporting that there were other offers on the table,” after the Lisbon club failed to budge on their €1 million valuation of the Egyptian.
Campos added: “I will not criticise Sporting’s position, but we’re trying to get the best deal, and so far [their offer is] very far from the other proposals we have. It will be very difficult to reach and agreement with Sporting.”
Rio Ave are understood to be demanding €1.5 million for the 22-year-old, and, just like in January, the other club(s) with offers tabled are still known.
Koka has bagged 15 goals this season for the Vila do Conde side in all competitions, equalling his pre-season target in last weekend’s league win over Penafiel.