Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Koka ‘very far’ from Sporting – Rio Ave President
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ is ‘very far’ from joining Sporting, according to Rio Ave’s President, António da Silva Campos, who also reiterated that there were still better proposals from elsewhere.
After being linked to Sporting during the January transfer window, speculation unsurprisingly died down once the window closed, but recently Sporting have expressed their interest again, but a deal looks a long way off as Rio Ave’s President recently said that the club had “already told Sporting that there were other offers on the table,” after the Lisbon club failed to budge on their €1 million valuation of the Egyptian.
Campos added: “I will not criticise Sporting’s position, but we’re trying to get the best deal, and so far [their offer is] very far from the other proposals we have. It will be very difficult to reach and agreement with Sporting.”
Rio Ave are understood to be demanding €1.5 million for the 22-year-old, and, just like in January, the other club(s) with offers tabled are still known.
Koka has bagged 15 goals this season for the Vila do Conde side in all competitions, equalling his pre-season target in last weekend’s league win over Penafiel.