Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt Olympic side close in on All-Africa Games qualification
The Egyptian Olympic national team have put one foot in the All-Africa Games, following their first leg 2-0 away defeat 0f Burundi in the second round of the qualifiers.
The Pharaohs had progressed to the second round by defeating Kenya 4-1 on aggregate, and now appear to have put one foot in the group stage round by claiming a win away from home.
Hossam El-Badry’s men opened the scoring at the Price Louis Rwagasore Stadium through Al Ahly midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, before Zamalek winger Mostafa Fathy made it 2-0, with both goals assisted by ENPPI forward Mahmoud Kahraba.
The All-Africa Games have been held 10 times since 1965 and the Egyptian National team are second in terms of number of medals with two golden medals in 1995 and 1987 and one bronze medal in 1973.
The 2015 edition is set to be held between 3-18 September in Congo, for the second time since the games’ inception.