Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Egypt Olympic side close in on All-Africa Games qualification
The Egyptian Olympic national team have put one foot in the All-Africa Games, following their first leg 2-0 away defeat 0f Burundi in the second round of the qualifiers.
The Pharaohs had progressed to the second round by defeating Kenya 4-1 on aggregate, and now appear to have put one foot in the group stage round by claiming a win away from home.
Hossam El-Badry’s men opened the scoring at the Price Louis Rwagasore Stadium through Al Ahly midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, before Zamalek winger Mostafa Fathy made it 2-0, with both goals assisted by ENPPI forward Mahmoud Kahraba.
The All-Africa Games have been held 10 times since 1965 and the Egyptian National team are second in terms of number of medals with two golden medals in 1995 and 1987 and one bronze medal in 1973.
The 2015 edition is set to be held between 3-18 September in Congo, for the second time since the games’ inception.