Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Egypt Olympic side close in on All-Africa Games qualification
The Egyptian Olympic national team have put one foot in the All-Africa Games, following their first leg 2-0 away defeat 0f Burundi in the second round of the qualifiers.
The Pharaohs had progressed to the second round by defeating Kenya 4-1 on aggregate, and now appear to have put one foot in the group stage round by claiming a win away from home.
Hossam El-Badry’s men opened the scoring at the Price Louis Rwagasore Stadium through Al Ahly midfielder Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, before Zamalek winger Mostafa Fathy made it 2-0, with both goals assisted by ENPPI forward Mahmoud Kahraba.
The All-Africa Games have been held 10 times since 1965 and the Egyptian National team are second in terms of number of medals with two golden medals in 1995 and 1987 and one bronze medal in 1973.
The 2015 edition is set to be held between 3-18 September in Congo, for the second time since the games’ inception.