Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Ex-Viola midfielder Rossitto: Salah a ‘gift from heaven’
In an interview with Messaggero Veneto, retired Italian footballer Fabio Rossitto, an ex-Viola midfielder who is currently Pordenone’s manager, was full of praise for ‘unstoppable’ Egypt international Mohamed Salah.
When Rossitto was asked about Salah being a symbol for La Viola, he said: “It’s true, Salah is a gift fallen from heaven, especially if we take into account that Fiorentina received money from the exchange of Cuadrado at Chelsea.”
“Salah was not playing in England, but now he is unstoppable and breaks the defences as did [Alexis] Sanchez at Udinese, although the two are different,” added Rossitto.
The Chelsea loanee has put in impressive performances in purple thus far, scoring 6 goals and assisting twice for Fiorentina, most recently leading his team through to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Europa League.