Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour sentenced to prison for insulting Ultras lawyer
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has been sentenced to one-year in jail and handed a fine of EGP 10,000 for defaming Ultras White Knights (UWK) lawyer Tarek El-Awady.
The Dokki Misdemeanor Court verdict allows Mansour to avoid the prison sentence on a bail of EGP 1,000.
El-Awady filed a legal complaint against Mansour accusing him of defaming and verbally insulting him on an Egyptian satellite TV channel. The UWK lawyer said that he provided the prosecutor with CDs containing footage of the incidents.
Mansour had claimed on the TV show last September that El-Awady had previously burned a police vehicle and stolen their weapons and that he insulted police and army personnel. He also added that UWK lawyer received foreign funds from Qatar.
El-Awady said that Mansour’s statements aimed to incite the public opinion against him.