Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour sentenced to prison for insulting Ultras lawyer
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has been sentenced to one-year in jail and handed a fine of EGP 10,000 for defaming Ultras White Knights (UWK) lawyer Tarek El-Awady.
The Dokki Misdemeanor Court verdict allows Mansour to avoid the prison sentence on a bail of EGP 1,000.
El-Awady filed a legal complaint against Mansour accusing him of defaming and verbally insulting him on an Egyptian satellite TV channel. The UWK lawyer said that he provided the prosecutor with CDs containing footage of the incidents.
Mansour had claimed on the TV show last September that El-Awady had previously burned a police vehicle and stolen their weapons and that he insulted police and army personnel. He also added that UWK lawyer received foreign funds from Qatar.
El-Awady said that Mansour’s statements aimed to incite the public opinion against him.