AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour sentenced to prison for insulting Ultras lawyer
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has been sentenced to one-year in jail and handed a fine of EGP 10,000 for defaming Ultras White Knights (UWK) lawyer Tarek El-Awady.
The Dokki Misdemeanor Court verdict allows Mansour to avoid the prison sentence on a bail of EGP 1,000.
El-Awady filed a legal complaint against Mansour accusing him of defaming and verbally insulting him on an Egyptian satellite TV channel. The UWK lawyer said that he provided the prosecutor with CDs containing footage of the incidents.
Mansour had claimed on the TV show last September that El-Awady had previously burned a police vehicle and stolen their weapons and that he insulted police and army personnel. He also added that UWK lawyer received foreign funds from Qatar.
El-Awady said that Mansour’s statements aimed to incite the public opinion against him.