Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour sentenced to prison for insulting Ultras lawyer
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has been sentenced to one-year in jail and handed a fine of EGP 10,000 for defaming Ultras White Knights (UWK) lawyer Tarek El-Awady.
The Dokki Misdemeanor Court verdict allows Mansour to avoid the prison sentence on a bail of EGP 1,000.
El-Awady filed a legal complaint against Mansour accusing him of defaming and verbally insulting him on an Egyptian satellite TV channel. The UWK lawyer said that he provided the prosecutor with CDs containing footage of the incidents.
Mansour had claimed on the TV show last September that El-Awady had previously burned a police vehicle and stolen their weapons and that he insulted police and army personnel. He also added that UWK lawyer received foreign funds from Qatar.
El-Awady said that Mansour’s statements aimed to incite the public opinion against him.