Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour sentenced to prison for insulting Ultras lawyer
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has been sentenced to one-year in jail and handed a fine of EGP 10,000 for defaming Ultras White Knights (UWK) lawyer Tarek El-Awady.
The Dokki Misdemeanor Court verdict allows Mansour to avoid the prison sentence on a bail of EGP 1,000.
El-Awady filed a legal complaint against Mansour accusing him of defaming and verbally insulting him on an Egyptian satellite TV channel. The UWK lawyer said that he provided the prosecutor with CDs containing footage of the incidents.
Mansour had claimed on the TV show last September that El-Awady had previously burned a police vehicle and stolen their weapons and that he insulted police and army personnel. He also added that UWK lawyer received foreign funds from Qatar.
El-Awady said that Mansour’s statements aimed to incite the public opinion against him.