Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egypt – Equatorial Guinea match venue changed
Director of the Egyptian national team Alaa Abdel-Aziz mentioned to Reuters that the FA is currently coordinating with security officials to choose the stadium where the match will be held. He added that there’s a great possibility Gouna stadium in Hurghada will be the new venue.
The match comes as part of the Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
It will be the first test for Egypt’s new manager Héctor Cúper, who took over the Egyptian national team earlier this month after Shawky Gharib’s term came to an end last November following his failure to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
The game has so far encountered many changes in terms of venues and dates. It was initially scheduled to take place in Dubai on the 28th of March as Egyptian security officials refused to host the game in Egypt. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco, to be played on the 26th of March due to a scheduling conflict for Equatorial Guinea, before finally moving it to Egypt.