Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egypt – Equatorial Guinea match venue changed
Egypt’s friendly match with Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March will take place in Egypt instead of Morocco due to problems with the game’s sponsor.
Director of the Egyptian national team Alaa Abdel-Aziz mentioned to Reuters that the FA is currently coordinating with security officials to choose the stadium where the match will be held. He added that there’s a great possibility Gouna stadium in Hurghada will be the new venue.
The match comes as part of the Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
It will be the first test for Egypt’s new manager Héctor Cúper, who took over the Egyptian national team earlier this month after Shawky Gharib’s term came to an end last November following his failure to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
The game has so far encountered many changes in terms of venues and dates. It was initially scheduled to take place in Dubai on the 28th of March as Egyptian security officials refused to host the game in Egypt. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco, to be played on the 26th of March due to a scheduling conflict for Equatorial Guinea, before finally moving it to Egypt.