Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Egypt – Equatorial Guinea match venue changed
Director of the Egyptian national team Alaa Abdel-Aziz mentioned to Reuters that the FA is currently coordinating with security officials to choose the stadium where the match will be held. He added that there’s a great possibility Gouna stadium in Hurghada will be the new venue.
The match comes as part of the Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
It will be the first test for Egypt’s new manager Héctor Cúper, who took over the Egyptian national team earlier this month after Shawky Gharib’s term came to an end last November following his failure to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
The game has so far encountered many changes in terms of venues and dates. It was initially scheduled to take place in Dubai on the 28th of March as Egyptian security officials refused to host the game in Egypt. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco, to be played on the 26th of March due to a scheduling conflict for Equatorial Guinea, before finally moving it to Egypt.
The Argentine coach has announced the Pharaohs squad for the upcoming game earlier this week, with ten Al Ahly and eight Zamalek players making up the backbone of the squad.