Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Egypt – Equatorial Guinea match venue changed
Director of the Egyptian national team Alaa Abdel-Aziz mentioned to Reuters that the FA is currently coordinating with security officials to choose the stadium where the match will be held. He added that there’s a great possibility Gouna stadium in Hurghada will be the new venue.
The match comes as part of the Pharaohs’ preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.
It will be the first test for Egypt’s new manager Héctor Cúper, who took over the Egyptian national team earlier this month after Shawky Gharib’s term came to an end last November following his failure to lead the Pharaohs to the 2015 African Cup of Nations.
The game has so far encountered many changes in terms of venues and dates. It was initially scheduled to take place in Dubai on the 28th of March as Egyptian security officials refused to host the game in Egypt. The venue and date for the game was then moved to Morocco, to be played on the 26th of March due to a scheduling conflict for Equatorial Guinea, before finally moving it to Egypt.