Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Koka injured in Rio Ave shock win over Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ was stretched off just before half-time – a minute after defender Marcelo was also forced off with an injury – with Rio Ave 1-0 down to visitors Benfica, following an early goal from Eduardo Salvio.
However, Ukra, who replaced the Egyptian striker, equalized for the hosts from the penalty spot on the 73rd minute.
Things only got worse for the Portuguese champions as captain Luisão was sent off with five minutes remaining, 10 minutes before Venezuelan striker Yonathan Del Valle completed the Rio Ave comeback with the final kick of the game.
The extent of Koka’s injury is not yet known, but the 22-year-old be assessed within ‘the next 48 hours’. Rio Ave confirmed he will still travel to Egypt to join with the national team, who face Equatorial Guinea in a friendly later this month, but the striker will be evaluated by Héctor Cúper’s medical staff before returning to Vila do Conde to begin his recovery program.