Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Koka injured in Rio Ave shock win over Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ was stretched off just before half-time – a minute after defender Marcelo was also forced off with an injury – with Rio Ave 1-0 down to visitors Benfica, following an early goal from Eduardo Salvio.
However, Ukra, who replaced the Egyptian striker, equalized for the hosts from the penalty spot on the 73rd minute.
Things only got worse for the Portuguese champions as captain Luisão was sent off with five minutes remaining, 10 minutes before Venezuelan striker Yonathan Del Valle completed the Rio Ave comeback with the final kick of the game.
The extent of Koka’s injury is not yet known, but the 22-year-old be assessed within ‘the next 48 hours’. Rio Ave confirmed he will still travel to Egypt to join with the national team, who face Equatorial Guinea in a friendly later this month, but the striker will be evaluated by Héctor Cúper’s medical staff before returning to Vila do Conde to begin his recovery program.