Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Koka injured in Rio Ave shock win over Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ was stretched off just before half-time – a minute after defender Marcelo was also forced off with an injury – with Rio Ave 1-0 down to visitors Benfica, following an early goal from Eduardo Salvio.
However, Ukra, who replaced the Egyptian striker, equalized for the hosts from the penalty spot on the 73rd minute.
Things only got worse for the Portuguese champions as captain Luisão was sent off with five minutes remaining, 10 minutes before Venezuelan striker Yonathan Del Valle completed the Rio Ave comeback with the final kick of the game.
The extent of Koka’s injury is not yet known, but the 22-year-old be assessed within ‘the next 48 hours’. Rio Ave confirmed he will still travel to Egypt to join with the national team, who face Equatorial Guinea in a friendly later this month, but the striker will be evaluated by Héctor Cúper’s medical staff before returning to Vila do Conde to begin his recovery program.