Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Koka injured in Rio Ave shock win over Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ was stretched off just before half-time – a minute after defender Marcelo was also forced off with an injury – with Rio Ave 1-0 down to visitors Benfica, following an early goal from Eduardo Salvio.
However, Ukra, who replaced the Egyptian striker, equalized for the hosts from the penalty spot on the 73rd minute.
Things only got worse for the Portuguese champions as captain Luisão was sent off with five minutes remaining, 10 minutes before Venezuelan striker Yonathan Del Valle completed the Rio Ave comeback with the final kick of the game.
The extent of Koka’s injury is not yet known, but the 22-year-old be assessed within ‘the next 48 hours’. Rio Ave confirmed he will still travel to Egypt to join with the national team, who face Equatorial Guinea in a friendly later this month, but the striker will be evaluated by Héctor Cúper’s medical staff before returning to Vila do Conde to begin his recovery program.