Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Koka injured in Rio Ave shock win over Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ was stretched off just before half-time – a minute after defender Marcelo was also forced off with an injury – with Rio Ave 1-0 down to visitors Benfica, following an early goal from Eduardo Salvio.
However, Ukra, who replaced the Egyptian striker, equalized for the hosts from the penalty spot on the 73rd minute.
Things only got worse for the Portuguese champions as captain Luisão was sent off with five minutes remaining, 10 minutes before Venezuelan striker Yonathan Del Valle completed the Rio Ave comeback with the final kick of the game.
The extent of Koka’s injury is not yet known, but the 22-year-old be assessed within ‘the next 48 hours’. Rio Ave confirmed he will still travel to Egypt to join with the national team, who face Equatorial Guinea in a friendly later this month, but the striker will be evaluated by Héctor Cúper’s medical staff before returning to Vila do Conde to begin his recovery program.