Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
El-Shennawy, Fathi injured ahead of Equatorial Guinea friendly
Goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy was forced to leave the Pharaohs’ training camp as he was recently injured ahead of the national team’s game against Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March.
The 23-year-old Zamalek shot stopper went through a medical check and was later diagnosed with infections in the lymph gland.
El-Shennawy will be resting for at least two days and he will also undergo other medical tests as advised by the national team’s medical staff, which means it is impossible for him to play against Equatorial Guinea on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Fathi was injured during Tuesday’s training session, which was later determined to be a muscle pain. The right-back will undergo further tests before it is determined whether or not he can feature on Héctor Cúper’s debut with the Pharaohs.
Due to Shennawy’s absence, Egypt national team goalkeeping coach Ahmed Nagy decided to call up ENPPI goalkeeper Ali Lotfy. Sherif Ekramy and Mohamed El-Shennawy are the other two keepers with the Egypt squad.