Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
El-Shennawy, Fathi injured ahead of Equatorial Guinea friendly
Goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy was forced to leave the Pharaohs’ training camp as he was recently injured ahead of the national team’s game against Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March.
The 23-year-old Zamalek shot stopper went through a medical check and was later diagnosed with infections in the lymph gland.
El-Shennawy will be resting for at least two days and he will also undergo other medical tests as advised by the national team’s medical staff, which means it is impossible for him to play against Equatorial Guinea on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Fathi was injured during Tuesday’s training session, which was later determined to be a muscle pain. The right-back will undergo further tests before it is determined whether or not he can feature on Héctor Cúper’s debut with the Pharaohs.
Due to Shennawy’s absence, Egypt national team goalkeeping coach Ahmed Nagy decided to call up ENPPI goalkeeper Ali Lotfy. Sherif Ekramy and Mohamed El-Shennawy are the other two keepers with the Egypt squad.