Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
El-Shennawy, Fathi injured ahead of Equatorial Guinea friendly
Goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy was forced to leave the Pharaohs’ training camp as he was recently injured ahead of the national team’s game against Equatorial Guinea on the 26th of March.
The 23-year-old Zamalek shot stopper went through a medical check and was later diagnosed with infections in the lymph gland.
El-Shennawy will be resting for at least two days and he will also undergo other medical tests as advised by the national team’s medical staff, which means it is impossible for him to play against Equatorial Guinea on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Fathi was injured during Tuesday’s training session, which was later determined to be a muscle pain. The right-back will undergo further tests before it is determined whether or not he can feature on Héctor Cúper’s debut with the Pharaohs.
Due to Shennawy’s absence, Egypt national team goalkeeping coach Ahmed Nagy decided to call up ENPPI goalkeeper Ali Lotfy. Sherif Ekramy and Mohamed El-Shennawy are the other two keepers with the Egypt squad.