Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Elmohamady praises Hull’s performance in Chelsea defeat
Ahmed Elmohamady has spoken to Hull City‘s official website and urged the fans and his teammates to take the positives from last weekend’s 2-3 defeat to Chelsea, in which he scored his second goal of the season.
The home side found themselves on the wrong side of the scoreboard, 2-0, with just 10 minutes played. However, a goal from Elmo sparked a comeback from the Tigers that was soon repressed by the Chelsea players.
The Egyptian defender admitted his disappointment with the defeat, especially after Hull’s “great performance.” Elmohamady explained: “Of course we were disappointed with the final result, but we showed a great attitude to come back from 2-0 down before half time.”
“We have to take all the positives from it into our next game,”Elmo insisted, “the character and belief was always here and now we have to built the confidence to go with that,” he later added.
Elmohamady’s Hull City will face Swansea City away from home on April 4th. With the defeat against Chelsea, Hull City currently stand in 15th place of the Barclays Premier League standings, just three points from the relegation spots.