Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Former Rio Ave coach: Koka a ‘good fit for Sporting’
Mario Reis, who was involved with Rio Ave for 14 years and coached the Rio Grande on three different occasions during his career, commented on the potential transfer of the 22-year-old Egyptian to Sporting during an interview with Portuguese news outlet Renascenca
Reis assured that the Egyptian would be a good deal for the Lisbon club: “Hassan will be a good deal for the Lions. Two years ago he had difficulties adapting to Portuguese football, but he has evolved and is now a dominant player for Rio Ave.”
Reis went on to speak about the physical and technical abilities of Koka affirming that the young Pharaoh has what it takes to play for the Verde-e-Brancos: “He is tall and possess a very good jumping ability. He is also powerful in fights with opponents for the ball. He would be a good fit for Sporting”.
The ex-coach concluded by saying that Sporting posses a good team and should keep it as it is and reinforce it with five or six more players in the summer in order to become serious title contenders for next season.
It is worth nothing that Koka who scored 12 goals in the Primeira Liga this season and is tied as second top scorer in the competition alongside SL Benfica’s Lima was stretchered off during Rio Ave win against Benfica last weekend. The gravity of the injury and the rehabilitation period still isn’t known at the moment.