Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Former Rio Ave coach: Koka a ‘good fit for Sporting’
Mario Reis, who was involved with Rio Ave for 14 years and coached the Rio Grande on three different occasions during his career, commented on the potential transfer of the 22-year-old Egyptian to Sporting during an interview with Portuguese news outlet Renascenca
Reis assured that the Egyptian would be a good deal for the Lisbon club: “Hassan will be a good deal for the Lions. Two years ago he had difficulties adapting to Portuguese football, but he has evolved and is now a dominant player for Rio Ave.”
Reis went on to speak about the physical and technical abilities of Koka affirming that the young Pharaoh has what it takes to play for the Verde-e-Brancos: “He is tall and possess a very good jumping ability. He is also powerful in fights with opponents for the ball. He would be a good fit for Sporting”.
The ex-coach concluded by saying that Sporting posses a good team and should keep it as it is and reinforce it with five or six more players in the summer in order to become serious title contenders for next season.
It is worth nothing that Koka who scored 12 goals in the Primeira Liga this season and is tied as second top scorer in the competition alongside SL Benfica’s Lima was stretchered off during Rio Ave win against Benfica last weekend. The gravity of the injury and the rehabilitation period still isn’t known at the moment.