Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Mohamed Zidan hopes for Denmark return
Former Borussia Dortmund player Mohamed Zidan plans on returning to the pitch next season following a two-year hiatus from football. Zidan, who last played for Baniyas, has been rumoured to return to FC Midtjylland since December of 2013.
The 33-year-old striker started his career in Denmark with AB before moving to FC Midtjylland from 2003 up until 2005, registering thirty goals in forty seven appearances.
According to Danish newspaper Herning Folkeblad, when asked if Mohamed Zidan would return to FC Midtjylland, he replied, “Play for Midtjylland? Anything can happen and that decision is up in the air.”
“I haven’t spoken with any officials recently. I’d be happy if the opportunity is there to return again. I imagine myself playing for Midtjylland once more.”
It should also be noted that Zidan was in attendance at the MCH Arena last Saturday – a stadium locally known as the Zidan Arena – during FC Midtjylland’s match, in which the won 3-0 against Hobro.
– Article written by Ahmed Motaweh