Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Udinese interested in Al Ahly duo Sobhy, Trezeguet
Al Ahly’s director of footbal, Wael Gomaa, has revealed during television comments that Udinese have sent a verbal season-long offer for 18-year-old attacking midfielder Ramadan Sobhy.
Gomaa added that the Italian club would want the young starlet to be sent on trial before Udinese were to decide his fate.
However, the ex-Ahly and Egypt defender has expressed the club’s refusal for the offer and added: “We’re in a building phase and we don’t want to let go of any player, and Ramadan Sobhy is one of the players used for the building of the team even though he doesn’t participate regularly.”
He then commented on Udinese’s offer, saying that it’s not logical for the club to let go of Sobhy because he’s considered to be in the club’s future plans, having signed a new five-year deal earlier this month.
It’s worth noting that there have been several reports linking the midfielder to other Italian clubs recently, including Sampdoria, but Gomaa specifically denied this rumoured offer.
With regards to Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Zamalek legend Hazem Emam, who once played for Udinese – now a TV pundit – has revealed that Udinese officials have also talked to him and expressed their admiration for the Egyptian youngster.
Hazem also added that the club will be monitoring the 21-year-old Egypt international, who plays as a central midfielder, and will ‘probably’ make an offer at the end of the season.