Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Ex-Basel defender Dragovic: I can’t wait to play against Salah
The Austrian and the Egyptian used to play together in Basel of Switzerland. They were part of the team that qualified for the 2013 Europa League semi-finals before losing to Chelsea, who clinched the title afterwards.
“I can’t wait to play against Salah, he was my teammate in Basel and I am happy to meet him even if he was my competitor,” the 24-year-old told Viola News.
Fiorentina have made it through to the round of 16 after knocking out Tottenham Hotspur by a score of 3-1 on aggregate, with Salah scoring the second goal in the second leg match. However, they progressed to the last 8 of the competition with a 4-1 aggregate win over the Italian team.
“Fiorentina is a very strong team and they are also good when it comes to tactics. They managed to knock Tottenham Hotspur and AS Roma out,” Dragovic added.
La Viola will be playing away to the Ukrainian team on the 16th of April, with the second leg being played in Florence on the 23rd of April.
Egyptian international Salah, who moved to Fiorentina on loan from Chelsea, has managed to put in outstanding performances, scoring six goals and assisting twice since he joined the team during the 2015 January transfer window.