Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Cúper: I monitored Salah before I knew his name
The 59-year-old Argentine manager said that he heard of an Egyptian player who was performing well in Italy and claimed that he wasn’t aware of the Egyptian’s name at the time.
“When talks with the Egyptian Football Association advanced, I began to closely monitor and learn more about Salah,” said Cúper.
“Salah is a very good player, and his performances are developing nicely.”
“Local players or players abroad? Performances on the pitch evaluate players, while results evaluate managers,” Cúper remarked, “I will consult my staff when evaluating players, but the final pick is up to me,” he added.