Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Cúper: I monitored Salah before I knew his name
The 59-year-old Argentine manager said that he heard of an Egyptian player who was performing well in Italy and claimed that he wasn’t aware of the Egyptian’s name at the time.
“When talks with the Egyptian Football Association advanced, I began to closely monitor and learn more about Salah,” said Cúper.
“Salah is a very good player, and his performances are developing nicely.”
“Local players or players abroad? Performances on the pitch evaluate players, while results evaluate managers,” Cúper remarked, “I will consult my staff when evaluating players, but the final pick is up to me,” he added.