Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Cúper: I monitored Salah before I knew his name
The 59-year-old Argentine manager said that he heard of an Egyptian player who was performing well in Italy and claimed that he wasn’t aware of the Egyptian’s name at the time.
“When talks with the Egyptian Football Association advanced, I began to closely monitor and learn more about Salah,” said Cúper.
“Salah is a very good player, and his performances are developing nicely.”
“Local players or players abroad? Performances on the pitch evaluate players, while results evaluate managers,” Cúper remarked, “I will consult my staff when evaluating players, but the final pick is up to me,” he added.