AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hossam and Ibrahim Hassan discuss Salah’s Viola brilliance
Egypt international winger Mohamed Salah has made quite an impact since joining ACF Fiorentina on loan from Chelsea last month, scoring six goals and assisting twice in 10 appearances thus far.
Ittihad of Alexandria’s manager Hossam Hassan, Egypt’s all-time top scorer, believes that Salah’s advantage over former Egyptians who have played in foreign leagues is simply learning ‘from their mistakes’.
“Salah has the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, so that he can keep up with his brilliant performances,” said the 48-year-old coach, before adding: “Salah is a good representative of Egyptian football in Europe.”
“His focus should remain solely on football, he should not be distracted by anything outside the pitch. I know that he is a committed player,” he concluded.
On the other hand, Hossam’s twin brother, Ibrahim Hassan, commented on the current Viola player, saying: “He has created some sort of nationalism; everyone waits for Fiorentina’s games to watch him.”
“He is a player who loves his country, he insists on being successful.
“He should forget any past glory when he plays anywhere to be able to proceed,” he advised the 22-year-old midfielder.