AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Soliman: Garrido told me I had to play in Spain
Garrido, who has been at the Reds since July 2014, has plenty of coaching experience in his native country, including stints at Villareal and Real Betis, and Soliman claims that the Spaniard told him he had to play in Spain.
“He’s a fantastic coach who came from the best league in the world,” he told the club’s official website.
“However he was very unlucky due to the retiring of most of Al Ahly’s golden generation, and also due to injuries.
“He told me that I had to play in Spain, and had he met be earlier then he would’ve brought me there himself.”
Soliman then went on to discuss cancelling his wedding due to the Air Defense Stadium disaster, going on to state that the league “is not the same”.
“With the fans gone the league is just not the same,” he stated. “As for the league title, we got off to a good start, and now we have everyone available. The points margin is not massive, the tables can turn at any time.”
Al Ahly currently occupy third place in the table with 36 points to their name, 12 points off arch-rivals Zamalek in first, but have played two games less.