Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Soliman: Garrido told me I had to play in Spain
Garrido, who has been at the Reds since July 2014, has plenty of coaching experience in his native country, including stints at Villareal and Real Betis, and Soliman claims that the Spaniard told him he had to play in Spain.
“He’s a fantastic coach who came from the best league in the world,” he told the club’s official website.
“However he was very unlucky due to the retiring of most of Al Ahly’s golden generation, and also due to injuries.
“He told me that I had to play in Spain, and had he met be earlier then he would’ve brought me there himself.”
Soliman then went on to discuss cancelling his wedding due to the Air Defense Stadium disaster, going on to state that the league “is not the same”.
“With the fans gone the league is just not the same,” he stated. “As for the league title, we got off to a good start, and now we have everyone available. The points margin is not massive, the tables can turn at any time.”
Al Ahly currently occupy third place in the table with 36 points to their name, 12 points off arch-rivals Zamalek in first, but have played two games less.