Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Soliman: Garrido told me I had to play in Spain
Garrido, who has been at the Reds since July 2014, has plenty of coaching experience in his native country, including stints at Villareal and Real Betis, and Soliman claims that the Spaniard told him he had to play in Spain.
“He’s a fantastic coach who came from the best league in the world,” he told the club’s official website.
“However he was very unlucky due to the retiring of most of Al Ahly’s golden generation, and also due to injuries.
“He told me that I had to play in Spain, and had he met be earlier then he would’ve brought me there himself.”
Soliman then went on to discuss cancelling his wedding due to the Air Defense Stadium disaster, going on to state that the league “is not the same”.
“With the fans gone the league is just not the same,” he stated. “As for the league title, we got off to a good start, and now we have everyone available. The points margin is not massive, the tables can turn at any time.”
Al Ahly currently occupy third place in the table with 36 points to their name, 12 points off arch-rivals Zamalek in first, but have played two games less.