Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Maghreb sides endure friendly misery
Algeria was the only positive light for the Maghreb as they conjured one win in their two friendly fixtures. Their response to a shock 1-goal defeat to Qatar was an overwhelming 4 goal thrashing over, another Asian minnow, Oman. Feghouli and Belfodil notched up braces before Oman got a consolation goal in the match played in Doha.
The Carthage eagles continued their underwhelming results from the AFCON 2015; where they were dumped out by Equatorial Guinea. They too looked to Asia as a hunting ground for good tidings but were left dissapointed from their Far East campaign. Japan beat them 2-0 before they saved some face with 1-all draw against China.
AFCON banned Morocco hosted a more high profile opponent in Agadir but came up short. Cavani struck from the spotkick to lead Uruguay to, an expected, 1-0 win.
Their fellow North Africans, Egypt, opened their ‘Cuper era’ with a 2-0 home win against Equatorial Guinea.