Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Maghreb sides endure friendly misery
Algeria was the only positive light for the Maghreb as they conjured one win in their two friendly fixtures. Their response to a shock 1-goal defeat to Qatar was an overwhelming 4 goal thrashing over, another Asian minnow, Oman. Feghouli and Belfodil notched up braces before Oman got a consolation goal in the match played in Doha.
The Carthage eagles continued their underwhelming results from the AFCON 2015; where they were dumped out by Equatorial Guinea. They too looked to Asia as a hunting ground for good tidings but were left dissapointed from their Far East campaign. Japan beat them 2-0 before they saved some face with 1-all draw against China.
AFCON banned Morocco hosted a more high profile opponent in Agadir but came up short. Cavani struck from the spotkick to lead Uruguay to, an expected, 1-0 win.
Their fellow North Africans, Egypt, opened their ‘Cuper era’ with a 2-0 home win against Equatorial Guinea.