Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Maghreb sides endure friendly misery
Algeria was the only positive light for the Maghreb as they conjured one win in their two friendly fixtures. Their response to a shock 1-goal defeat to Qatar was an overwhelming 4 goal thrashing over, another Asian minnow, Oman. Feghouli and Belfodil notched up braces before Oman got a consolation goal in the match played in Doha.
The Carthage eagles continued their underwhelming results from the AFCON 2015; where they were dumped out by Equatorial Guinea. They too looked to Asia as a hunting ground for good tidings but were left dissapointed from their Far East campaign. Japan beat them 2-0 before they saved some face with 1-all draw against China.
AFCON banned Morocco hosted a more high profile opponent in Agadir but came up short. Cavani struck from the spotkick to lead Uruguay to, an expected, 1-0 win.
Their fellow North Africans, Egypt, opened their ‘Cuper era’ with a 2-0 home win against Equatorial Guinea.