Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Sampdoria bid for Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy
The offer was made from La Samp for 18-year-old attacking midfielder Ramadan Sobhy to play in Sampdoria’s youth academy, only for it to be officially rejected, according to Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
Abdel-Sadek stated that the offer wasn’t good enough for Sobhy’s ambitions, who is considered to be one of the key players of the team’s future.
“We rejected Sampdoria’s Academy offer because it’s unsuitable and doesn’t meet the reputation of neither the club nor Ramadan,” Abdel-Sadek told FilGoal.
“Ramadan is very important and an irreplaceable player in the team, the club aren’t willing to give up any of the players in the mean time,” he added.
On a side note, the Red Devils reportedly received a trial offer from English Premier League side Arsenal for Sobhy last month, according to former player Wael Reyad. and is also a target of Serie A side Udinese.