Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Sampdoria bid for Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy
The offer was made from La Samp for 18-year-old attacking midfielder Ramadan Sobhy to play in Sampdoria’s youth academy, only for it to be officially rejected, according to Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
Abdel-Sadek stated that the offer wasn’t good enough for Sobhy’s ambitions, who is considered to be one of the key players of the team’s future.
“We rejected Sampdoria’s Academy offer because it’s unsuitable and doesn’t meet the reputation of neither the club nor Ramadan,” Abdel-Sadek told FilGoal.
“Ramadan is very important and an irreplaceable player in the team, the club aren’t willing to give up any of the players in the mean time,” he added.
On a side note, the Red Devils reportedly received a trial offer from English Premier League side Arsenal for Sobhy last month, according to former player Wael Reyad. and is also a target of Serie A side Udinese.