Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Zamalek’s Omar Gaber denies joining Moroccan club Wydad Casablanca
Zamalek right wing-back Omar Gaber has denied rumors about signing for Moroccan club Wydad Casablanca and joining the side starting next season.
Despite having three years remaining in his contract, reports on several online pages supporting the Moroccan club suggested that Gaber has already sealed a move to Wydad Casablanca. They said that he travelled to Morocco to sign the contract.
The 23-year-old, however, denied these allegations saying that he is no longer thinking of leaving Zamalek.
Gaber had previously announced after the Air Defence tragedy that he would no longer play for Zamalek. This happened after he was faced by a wave of criticism from the club’s administration for refusing to take part in the team’s match against ENPPI, where 20 Zamalek fans died outside the stadium. The board of directors even decided not to activate his newly negotiated 3-year contract. The problem was later solved between the player and the club’s administration.
Gaber affirmed that all reports about negotiations between him and the Moroccan club are not true.
“With all due respect to Moroccan football and for the Wydad club, but I wasn’t contacted by the Moroccan club,” Gaber said.
He added that all his focus now is directed towards helping Zamalek win championships.
“My goal is to help Zamalek win the Egyptian Premier League and continue its journey in the African Confederation Cup,” Gaber said.
Zamalek are currently at the top of the Premier League table with 48 points. The Whites are also participating in this season’s African Confederation Cup.
The Egypt international said that he isn’t considering playing abroad at the current time and that he wants to continue his journey with Zamalek.
“I want to stay in Zamalek, especially after signing a 3-year contract,” Gaber added.
The youngster added he would only leave the club to move to a Europe.