Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Zamalek’s Omar Gaber denies joining Moroccan club Wydad Casablanca
Zamalek right wing-back Omar Gaber has denied rumors about signing for Moroccan club Wydad Casablanca and joining the side starting next season.
Despite having three years remaining in his contract, reports on several online pages supporting the Moroccan club suggested that Gaber has already sealed a move to Wydad Casablanca. They said that he travelled to Morocco to sign the contract.
The 23-year-old, however, denied these allegations saying that he is no longer thinking of leaving Zamalek.
Gaber had previously announced after the Air Defence tragedy that he would no longer play for Zamalek. This happened after he was faced by a wave of criticism from the club’s administration for refusing to take part in the team’s match against ENPPI, where 20 Zamalek fans died outside the stadium. The board of directors even decided not to activate his newly negotiated 3-year contract. The problem was later solved between the player and the club’s administration.
Gaber affirmed that all reports about negotiations between him and the Moroccan club are not true.
“With all due respect to Moroccan football and for the Wydad club, but I wasn’t contacted by the Moroccan club,” Gaber said.
He added that all his focus now is directed towards helping Zamalek win championships.
“My goal is to help Zamalek win the Egyptian Premier League and continue its journey in the African Confederation Cup,” Gaber said.
Zamalek are currently at the top of the Premier League table with 48 points. The Whites are also participating in this season’s African Confederation Cup.
The Egypt international said that he isn’t considering playing abroad at the current time and that he wants to continue his journey with Zamalek.
“I want to stay in Zamalek, especially after signing a 3-year contract,” Gaber added.
The youngster added he would only leave the club to move to a Europe.