Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
EFA: Blanco won’t be of use to the national team
Osama Nabih, a member of Egypt’s coaching staff, has played down SC Barcelona forward Ismael Blanco’s chances of joining the national team.
Argentina-born Ismael Blanco has been in top form in Ecuador this season, scoring 5 goals in 8 appearances, leading Barcelona to the third place in Serie A.
“We have been following Blanco for two years but the problem was that he doesn’t have a Egyptian passport or ID and doesn’t have any papers to prove his Egyptian nationality,” Nabih said.
“The player is now 31, and by the time we finish taking all the necessary procedures he will have turned 35, so he won’t be beneficial to the team.” Nabih added.