Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Montella, Diamanti hail ‘extraordinary Salah’
The 22-year-old attacker scored the second goal in Fiorentina’s 2-0 over the Genoa-based club in Stadio Artemio Franchi, to increase his goal tally to seven with two assists in 12 games for Fiorentina.
“Salah deserves credit, he is a quality player,” Montella told Sky Italia.
“I don’t know much details about his buy-out option, but I know that there is another year for his loan and then we will see what happens.”
“The club has to ultimately evaluate the financial issues, but the important thing is that he’s going to be here with us next year.
“Technically I knew he was good, I endorsed and pushed the club to get him. I didn’t expect him to adapt so quickly in Italy and Serie A. He scored important and decisive goals against big clubs.”
Diamanti: Salah is extraordinary
The other goal scorer Alessandro Diamanti by his turn has praised his teammate Salah for his superb impact.
“I certainly didn’t think Salah would be such a pacy player,” Diamanti told Sky.
“He is a great player who immediately made a huge impact. He is doing extraordinary things.”
This win against Sampdoria gave the Viola a big boost before facing Juventus in the second leg of Coppa Italia’s semi-finals as they leaped over Napoli to reach fourth place, 6 points behind third-placed Lazio.