Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
VIDEO: Salah scores brilliant solo goal in Sampdoria win
Stadio Artemio Franchi’s soggy pitch made it difficult for either side to threaten one another’s keepers. The Viola players played a great first half nonetheless and were able to finally break through near the hour mark.
Fiorentina dominated the first half but were unsuccessful in finding the net. Salah’s former Chelsea teammate Samuel Eto’o had struck the bar shortly after kick-off, while the hosts’ best chance of the first half came in the 23rd minute when Gonzalo Rodriguez’s shot was deflected off the goal post. The players headed into the tunnel with the score being 0-0.
The second half kicked off and Fiorentina was still in control of the game. In the 61st minute, Alessandro Diamanti curled the ball from the edge of the box to give the home side the lead.
Just three minutes later, Salah extended Fiorentina’s league as he skipped past two Sampdoria defenders and then produced a sublime finish with his weaker foot.
Following the 2-0 lead, the home side sat back a bit, thus inviting a few chances from Sampdoria. However, none were of real danger.
With that goal, Salah took his tally to 7 goals in 12 games in all competitions with Fiorentina. The Egyptian winger was given a standing ovation as he was being replaced by Andrea Lazzari in the 89th minute.
La Viola took their point tally to 49 points and stand in fourth place. Next up, Fiorentina host Juventus in the Coppa Italia.
Watch Salah’s goal below