An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Exclusive: Egyptian youngster Zaghloul to trial with Tottenham academy
American-born Egyptian youngster Ahmed Zaghloul is set to undergo a week-long training programme with the Tottenham academy.
Ahmed Zaghloul, a 12-year-old forward of Egyptian decent living in Canada, is set to trial with Tottenham’s academy after impressing at Elite Tournaments’ Tottenham Hotspur America Trophy.
Zaghloul, who plays for the well-respected Canadian youth academy EPIC FC Toronto, was selected by Elite Tournaments as one of the ‘standout performers’ at the tournament, which sees the Egyptian head to North London to train with Spurs’ academy for a week starting on April 6th.
During this week, the team of selected youngsters will play matches against two English Premier League academy sides, including Tottenham.
“Elite Tournaments would like to congratulate you on your standout performance throughout the Tottenham Hotspur America Trophy,” Elite Tournaments director Michael Libber wrote in a letter to Ahmed.
“You were recognized for your quality technical skills, general leadership, charismatic attitude, and the ability to grow into a mature player.
“Due to this accomplishment, Elite Tournaments would also like to present you with the opportunity of a lifetime! You have been chosen to travel to North London to attend a Tottenham Hotspur Player Development Programme. This program gives players the opportunity to train and learn with the Tottenham Hotspur at Tottenham’s Training Facilities in London.”
The left-footed Ahmed Zaghloul will then head to East London to link up with the Bailey Elite Football Academy for two weeks.
It is worth noting Ahmed has previously trained with the academies of English sides Bolton Wanderers and Everton, as well as Al Masry and Zamalek in Egypt.
Last month, Zaghloul scored a brace in a 2-2 draw at the U-13 Boys Ontario Indoor Cup final, before his side went on to lose on penalties.
UPDATE (April 8, 2015):
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 8, 2015
Watch 2013 highlights of Zaghloul below…