Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Exclusive: Egyptian youngster Zaghloul to trial with Tottenham academy
American-born Egyptian youngster Ahmed Zaghloul is set to undergo a week-long training programme with the Tottenham academy.
Ahmed Zaghloul, a 12-year-old forward of Egyptian decent living in Canada, is set to trial with Tottenham’s academy after impressing at Elite Tournaments’ Tottenham Hotspur America Trophy.
Zaghloul, who plays for the well-respected Canadian youth academy EPIC FC Toronto, was selected by Elite Tournaments as one of the ‘standout performers’ at the tournament, which sees the Egyptian head to North London to train with Spurs’ academy for a week starting on April 6th.
During this week, the team of selected youngsters will play matches against two English Premier League academy sides, including Tottenham.
“Elite Tournaments would like to congratulate you on your standout performance throughout the Tottenham Hotspur America Trophy,” Elite Tournaments director Michael Libber wrote in a letter to Ahmed.
“You were recognized for your quality technical skills, general leadership, charismatic attitude, and the ability to grow into a mature player.
“Due to this accomplishment, Elite Tournaments would also like to present you with the opportunity of a lifetime! You have been chosen to travel to North London to attend a Tottenham Hotspur Player Development Programme. This program gives players the opportunity to train and learn with the Tottenham Hotspur at Tottenham’s Training Facilities in London.”
The left-footed Ahmed Zaghloul will then head to East London to link up with the Bailey Elite Football Academy for two weeks.
It is worth noting Ahmed has previously trained with the academies of English sides Bolton Wanderers and Everton, as well as Al Masry and Zamalek in Egypt.
Last month, Zaghloul scored a brace in a 2-2 draw at the U-13 Boys Ontario Indoor Cup final, before his side went on to lose on penalties.
UPDATE (April 8, 2015):
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 8, 2015
Watch 2013 highlights of Zaghloul below…