KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Find out who Egyptian sides face in Africa
Al Ahly and Smouha both qualified to the round of 16 of the Champions League with Zamalek also enduring similar fate in the Confederation Cup. Petrojet were the only side that failed to qualify as they were unable able to pass Malian side Djoliba.
Al Ahly easily progressed after defeating Rwandan APR 2-0 at the Petro Sport Stadium on Saturday night to claim a 4-0 aggregate win. The Cairo Giants will now face Moroccan side Moghreb Tetouan.
Alexandrian outfit Smouha qualified for the last 16 for the first time in their history. The Blues were almost going to be eliminated by Enyimba; however, minutes before the game ended they scored two goals to seal qualification, thus booking a tie against Congolese champions Leopards.
The White Knights were able to qualify to the round of 16 after defeating Rwandan side Rayon Sports 6-1 on aggregate and are now set to play against Moroccan side Fath Union Sport.
Home matches will be played on the 17th, 18th and 19th of April while away matches will be played on the 1st,2nd and 3rd of may.