Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Hussein El-Sayed dismissed from Al Ahly training
El-Sayed insulted Garrido in English after he shouted at him for failing to carry out his instructions during the training session. As a response, the Spanish manager sent El-Sayed off the pitch and ordered him to continue his training at the gym.
After the training session, Garrido talked with El-Sayed and managed to resolve the issue without further punishments. The 23-year-old will take part in the team’s training on Tuesday.
The Egyptian international managed to secure a spot in Al Ahly’s squad this season under Garrido despite his young age. Sabry Rahil, El-Sayed’s only competitor for the left-back position, had been regularly excluded from the team’s squad in the past months.
Zamalek are currently at the top of the table, Al Ahly is pressuring at third place and Ismaily stand at the sixth due to their six-point deduction at the start of the season.