Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Hussein El-Sayed dismissed from Al Ahly training
El-Sayed insulted Garrido in English after he shouted at him for failing to carry out his instructions during the training session. As a response, the Spanish manager sent El-Sayed off the pitch and ordered him to continue his training at the gym.
After the training session, Garrido talked with El-Sayed and managed to resolve the issue without further punishments. The 23-year-old will take part in the team’s training on Tuesday.
The Egyptian international managed to secure a spot in Al Ahly’s squad this season under Garrido despite his young age. Sabry Rahil, El-Sayed’s only competitor for the left-back position, had been regularly excluded from the team’s squad in the past months.
Zamalek are currently at the top of the table, Al Ahly is pressuring at third place and Ismaily stand at the sixth due to their six-point deduction at the start of the season.