ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Juventus defender Chiellini: We stopped Salah
Italy international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini revealed how the Bianconeri were able to stop on-form Egyptian winger Salah in the semi-final second leg that ended in a heavy win for visitors Juventus, with three clean goals to put them in the Coppa Italia final.
Juventus’ defence suffered a lot from the pacy winger in the first leg, who scored twice at the Juventus Stadium to lead his side over the Old Lady and end their 47-game unbeaten streak at home, but Chiellini and his teammates were able to contain Salah’s pace and limit him in the second leg.
Chiellini told Rai Italia: “Salah is a very fast, but if you cut him off before he receives the ball then you can beat and stop him.”
“This technique requires the help of the defenders and midfielder players, we narrowed the space he had thanks to Marchisio and Vidal.”
Juventus’ 3-0 win in Florence saw them advance to the Coppa Italia final 4-2 on aggregate. They will face Lazio in the final on 7 June.