Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Juventus defender Chiellini: We stopped Salah
Italy international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini revealed how the Bianconeri were able to stop on-form Egyptian winger Salah in the semi-final second leg that ended in a heavy win for visitors Juventus, with three clean goals to put them in the Coppa Italia final.
Juventus’ defence suffered a lot from the pacy winger in the first leg, who scored twice at the Juventus Stadium to lead his side over the Old Lady and end their 47-game unbeaten streak at home, but Chiellini and his teammates were able to contain Salah’s pace and limit him in the second leg.
Chiellini told Rai Italia: “Salah is a very fast, but if you cut him off before he receives the ball then you can beat and stop him.”
“This technique requires the help of the defenders and midfielder players, we narrowed the space he had thanks to Marchisio and Vidal.”
Juventus’ 3-0 win in Florence saw them advance to the Coppa Italia final 4-2 on aggregate. They will face Lazio in the final on 7 June.