Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Juventus defender Chiellini: We stopped Salah
Italy international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini revealed how the Bianconeri were able to stop on-form Egyptian winger Salah in the semi-final second leg that ended in a heavy win for visitors Juventus, with three clean goals to put them in the Coppa Italia final.
Juventus’ defence suffered a lot from the pacy winger in the first leg, who scored twice at the Juventus Stadium to lead his side over the Old Lady and end their 47-game unbeaten streak at home, but Chiellini and his teammates were able to contain Salah’s pace and limit him in the second leg.
Chiellini told Rai Italia: “Salah is a very fast, but if you cut him off before he receives the ball then you can beat and stop him.”
“This technique requires the help of the defenders and midfielder players, we narrowed the space he had thanks to Marchisio and Vidal.”
Juventus’ 3-0 win in Florence saw them advance to the Coppa Italia final 4-2 on aggregate. They will face Lazio in the final on 7 June.