Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Juventus defender Chiellini: We stopped Salah
Italy international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini revealed how the Bianconeri were able to stop on-form Egyptian winger Salah in the semi-final second leg that ended in a heavy win for visitors Juventus, with three clean goals to put them in the Coppa Italia final.
Juventus’ defence suffered a lot from the pacy winger in the first leg, who scored twice at the Juventus Stadium to lead his side over the Old Lady and end their 47-game unbeaten streak at home, but Chiellini and his teammates were able to contain Salah’s pace and limit him in the second leg.
Chiellini told Rai Italia: “Salah is a very fast, but if you cut him off before he receives the ball then you can beat and stop him.”
“This technique requires the help of the defenders and midfielder players, we narrowed the space he had thanks to Marchisio and Vidal.”
Juventus’ 3-0 win in Florence saw them advance to the Coppa Italia final 4-2 on aggregate. They will face Lazio in the final on 7 June.