Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Juventus defender Chiellini: We stopped Salah
Italy international centre-back Giorgio Chiellini revealed how the Bianconeri were able to stop on-form Egyptian winger Salah in the semi-final second leg that ended in a heavy win for visitors Juventus, with three clean goals to put them in the Coppa Italia final.
Juventus’ defence suffered a lot from the pacy winger in the first leg, who scored twice at the Juventus Stadium to lead his side over the Old Lady and end their 47-game unbeaten streak at home, but Chiellini and his teammates were able to contain Salah’s pace and limit him in the second leg.
Chiellini told Rai Italia: “Salah is a very fast, but if you cut him off before he receives the ball then you can beat and stop him.”
“This technique requires the help of the defenders and midfielder players, we narrowed the space he had thanks to Marchisio and Vidal.”
Juventus’ 3-0 win in Florence saw them advance to the Coppa Italia final 4-2 on aggregate. They will face Lazio in the final on 7 June.