Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
El-Nenny injured as Basel reach Swiss Cup final
The Swiss champions were drawn with St. Gallen after they had beaten Münsingen 6-1 in the quarter-finals, the game was set to take place at the AFG Arena.
The 3-1 result is equally as impressive as the run of form Basel have shown in the cup; they have scored 20 goals in 5 cup games this season, albeit some of the results came against sides playing in the lower leagues.
Shkëlzen Gashi, who has been having quite the season for FC Basel, scoring 20 goals and assisting 4 in 23 league games, got the game off to a flying start with a goal just shy of the 15-minute mark.
The home team’s defender Mario Mutsch only made things harder for his team when he scored an own-goal just before half-time.
Gashi added yet again to the score in the 60th minute. Only minutes later, Mohamed El-Nenny came off injured, being replaced by Fabian Frei.
El-Nenny stated after the game that the injury he suffered was only a minor one and that he will be ready for the next Basel game – the substitution was only precautionary.
Džengis Čavušević was able to pull one back for the home team near the end of the game, but it was too little too late as the visitors progressed to the final.
Ahmed Hamoudi was not included in the 18-man squad for the game.