Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Sporting dump Ghazal, Gomaa’s CD Nacional out of Portuguese Cup
Aly Ghazal started in his side’s away leg against Sporting CP in the Portuguese Cup semi-final while Gomaa began on the bench as the Alvinegros were dealt a fatal 1-0 loss.
Manuel Machado started the game with Ghazal in midfield while his compatriot Saleh Gomaa was left on the bench despite a good first leg performance.
As the game progressed, hope was starting to fade for the Madeira side as time was running up and Sporting were dominating in all the significant areas of the games leaving Nacional with rare chances to score.
In the 65th minute Machado decided to bring some more offense onto his side by subbing in Saleh Gomaa in favour of Aly Ghazal.
However, the strategy did not pay off. In the 86th minute Ewerton made sure of his side qualification as the Brazilian centre-back headed home the ball to make it 1-0 and 3-2 on aggregate for the Lisbon side.
With this defeat Saleh Gomaa and Aly Ghazal’s CD Nacional are officially eliminated from the Taça De Portugal after a decent run in the competition that brought them one stage away from the final.
Sporting CP will be waiting to know who their opponent in the final will be. Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan’s Rio Ave, who also reached the semi-final of the competition, will be trying to overcome a first leg away defeat of 3-0 when they face Braga at home on the 30th of April in order to reach the final.
Nacional’s next game is set to take place in the league on Sunday as they take on Gil Vicente at home in the 28th round of the Primeira Liga.