ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
EXCLUSIVE: Zamalek interested in Ghanaian Nana Poku
KingFut understands that Shorta would accept the offer of around 2.5-3 million EGP, which is the valuation Zamalek set for the player, due to their fund requirements. The 21-year-old’s high price evaluation is due to his young age and great abilities. It must be noted that Nana is evaluated on transfermarkt.com at €150,000.
The offer was considered after Portuguese manager Jesualdo Ferreira expressed his lack of faith in the abilities of Burkinabe Abdoulaye Cissé. Cissé has been a let down for Zamalek after returning in the summer, having played just 258 minutes this season, scoring one goal and assisting another.
On the other hand, the Ghanaian has been brilliant for his side lately. According to TalatBont.com, Nana has the most shots on target in the Egyptian Premier League this season with 33 shots. However Nana is almost the most player to fall in offside, 31 times. The ex-Berekum Chelsea, Ashanti Gold and Amidaus striker, has scored 11 goals this season for Ittihad El-Shorta, almost 50% of his side’s goals this season, just one goal behind the league’s top scorer John Antwi.
Ittihad El-Shorta and Zamalek do business very often, having four of their best players move to the Whites last season, Ahmed Dweidar, Khaled Kamar, Moruf Yusuf and Reda El-Azab.
Zamalek’s chairman Mortada Mansour is also on good terms with clubs related to the Ministry of Interior and Army, as Ittihad El-Shorta, Dakhleya and Haras El-Hodood.
– Ahmed Ezzeldin contributed to reporting