Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Salah struggles as Fiorentina lose 3-0 to Champions League rivals Napoli
A well-structured Napoli were able to close down Mohamed Salah, as the Egyptian had a quiet and irritating first half and was only able to make two runs inside the 18-yard box.
Napoli were quite dominant in the first half as they made it hard for La Viola to have any impact at all. Belgian star, Dries Mertens, found the back of the net in the 23rd minute with a shot that breezed right past Neto.
Mohamed Salah had a good first half when it came to keeping possession of the ball, but struggled to create danger inside the box. Fiorentina’s performance improved after conceding the goal from Mertens, but continued to struggle in Naples.
As the second half began, Fiorentina improved greatly as German star, Mario Gomez, came on for Josip Iličić. Mohamed Salah continued to maintain possession of the ball and made some lightning fast runs into the box, but it was not enough to get Fiorentina back into the game.
With pressure coming from La Viola, Napoli brought on Marek Hamsik in the 64th minute, and shortly after he was able to find the back of the net in the 71st minute.
Napoli were able to hold off Fiorentina until the final whistle, and secured themselves a spot in 4th place, now one point clear from La Viola, as both teams are hoping to push for the final Champions League spot.
Fiorentina play Dynamo Kyiv on Thursday, April 16, in the Europa league quarter-finals as both teams will look to secure a position in the semi-finals.