Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Salah struggles as Fiorentina lose 3-0 to Champions League rivals Napoli
A well-structured Napoli were able to close down Mohamed Salah, as the Egyptian had a quiet and irritating first half and was only able to make two runs inside the 18-yard box.
Napoli were quite dominant in the first half as they made it hard for La Viola to have any impact at all. Belgian star, Dries Mertens, found the back of the net in the 23rd minute with a shot that breezed right past Neto.
Mohamed Salah had a good first half when it came to keeping possession of the ball, but struggled to create danger inside the box. Fiorentina’s performance improved after conceding the goal from Mertens, but continued to struggle in Naples.
As the second half began, Fiorentina improved greatly as German star, Mario Gomez, came on for Josip Iličić. Mohamed Salah continued to maintain possession of the ball and made some lightning fast runs into the box, but it was not enough to get Fiorentina back into the game.
With pressure coming from La Viola, Napoli brought on Marek Hamsik in the 64th minute, and shortly after he was able to find the back of the net in the 71st minute.
Napoli were able to hold off Fiorentina until the final whistle, and secured themselves a spot in 4th place, now one point clear from La Viola, as both teams are hoping to push for the final Champions League spot.
Fiorentina play Dynamo Kyiv on Thursday, April 16, in the Europa league quarter-finals as both teams will look to secure a position in the semi-finals.