Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Emad Meteb upset over Garrido snub
Meteb was dirched by Garrido for the second game in a row, having missed Al Ahly’s 5-0 thrashing of Assiouty Sport on Thursday.
“This is a situation that I have never encountered in my life,” the veteran player said in televised statements.
Ahly manager Juan Carlos Garrido didn’t include Meteb who isn’t suffering injury in his 19-man squad for technical reasons. The team’s striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher was also missing the fixture as a result of technical decision-making.
“I have faced a lot in my life, but I never passed by such a situation, to be physically ready and in a period of time where I score a lot but not called for the match,” Meteb said.
He said that his performance in the team’s game against Ismaily in the league might have not been good, however, he doesn’t see it as a reason for exclusion from the squad.
“This is something that happens to all the players,” Meteb explained.
The Egyptian international said that he wasn’t informed by the reasons behind his exclusion from the squad. He added that he wouldn’t accept any justification as well.
“We have an important game against Moghreb Tétouan and I am not called up? I am supposed to be in the squad, I don’t know what’s happening with me in Al Ahly,” Meteb continued.
He added that he didn’t commit any mistakes and never talked about the issue before these statements.
“I always stay silent out of respect to Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek,” the Egypt international concluded.
The 31-year-old has scored nine goals in the Egyptian Premier League this season. He also scored the goal that won Al Ahly the Confederation Cup on December.