Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Emad Meteb upset over Garrido snub
Meteb was dirched by Garrido for the second game in a row, having missed Al Ahly’s 5-0 thrashing of Assiouty Sport on Thursday.
“This is a situation that I have never encountered in my life,” the veteran player said in televised statements.
Ahly manager Juan Carlos Garrido didn’t include Meteb who isn’t suffering injury in his 19-man squad for technical reasons. The team’s striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher was also missing the fixture as a result of technical decision-making.
“I have faced a lot in my life, but I never passed by such a situation, to be physically ready and in a period of time where I score a lot but not called for the match,” Meteb said.
He said that his performance in the team’s game against Ismaily in the league might have not been good, however, he doesn’t see it as a reason for exclusion from the squad.
“This is something that happens to all the players,” Meteb explained.
The Egyptian international said that he wasn’t informed by the reasons behind his exclusion from the squad. He added that he wouldn’t accept any justification as well.
“We have an important game against Moghreb Tétouan and I am not called up? I am supposed to be in the squad, I don’t know what’s happening with me in Al Ahly,” Meteb continued.
He added that he didn’t commit any mistakes and never talked about the issue before these statements.
“I always stay silent out of respect to Al Ahly football director Alaa Abdel-Sadek,” the Egypt international concluded.
The 31-year-old has scored nine goals in the Egyptian Premier League this season. He also scored the goal that won Al Ahly the Confederation Cup on December.