Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Garrido announces Champions League squad for Moghreb Tétouan
Juan Carlos Garrido has announced the Ahly squad that will face Moghreb Tétouan in the first leg of the round of 16 in the CAF Champions League on Sunday.
The list is missing several key players, including veteran Egyptian striker Emad Meteb, who is missing the fixture due to a technical decision by the Spanish manager, after being left on the bench during their 5-0 thrashing of Assiouty Sport on Tuesday.
Other notable absentees include Amr Gamal and Mohamed Naguib due to injuries, Islam Roshdy and Mohamed Rizk due to military service reasons, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, also the result of technical decision-making. Gedo’s absence continues due to not being included in Ahly’s African squad list.
This is the return of the Egyptian giants after failing to qualify to the African Champions League quarter-finals in 2014, after losing to Ahly Benghazi of Libya 4-2 on aggregate.
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Mossad Awad, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed, Bassem Ai, Sherif Hazem, Sabry Rahil, Mohamed Hany.
Midfielders: Abdallah El-Said, Momen Zakaria, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Walid Soliman, Hossam Ghaly, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Hossam Ashour.
Forwards: Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei.