Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Garrido announces Champions League squad for Moghreb Tétouan
Juan Carlos Garrido has announced the Ahly squad that will face Moghreb Tétouan in the first leg of the round of 16 in the CAF Champions League on Sunday.
The list is missing several key players, including veteran Egyptian striker Emad Meteb, who is missing the fixture due to a technical decision by the Spanish manager, after being left on the bench during their 5-0 thrashing of Assiouty Sport on Tuesday.
Other notable absentees include Amr Gamal and Mohamed Naguib due to injuries, Islam Roshdy and Mohamed Rizk due to military service reasons, and Ahmed Abdel-Zaher, also the result of technical decision-making. Gedo’s absence continues due to not being included in Ahly’s African squad list.
This is the return of the Egyptian giants after failing to qualify to the African Champions League quarter-finals in 2014, after losing to Ahly Benghazi of Libya 4-2 on aggregate.
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Mossad Awad, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed, Bassem Ai, Sherif Hazem, Sabry Rahil, Mohamed Hany.
Midfielders: Abdallah El-Said, Momen Zakaria, Mahmoud Trezeguet, Walid Soliman, Hossam Ghaly, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Hossam Ashour.
Forwards: Saladin Said, Peter Ebimobowei.